Associate Data Center Technician
This is at least a 6 month contract with our technology client in Chandler AZ. Client has a track record of converting or extending contracts for outstanding consultants.
U.S. Citizens and permanent residents are encourage to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship.
The Associate Data Center Technician is responsible for supporting all installed devices in the Data Center. This will include the troubleshooting and break fix of Servers, Network devices, Load balancers, Firewalls and SAN. This includes all physically connected cables and hardware.
- The Associate Data Center Technician will also troubleshoot applications and hardware issues and errors.
- Maintain and updates standards, policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Follow defined processes to ensure that the production and corporate environments are in compliance.
- Support prescribed aspects of daily operational activities, including account and resource management; backup and/or recovery; and server hardware and software monitoring, maintenance and upgrades.
- Participate in proposing and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
Using basic systems administrative tools and testing methodologies, assist with troubleshooting applications and hardware issues and errors.
The Associate Data Center Technician will be responsible for but not limited to the following items
- All Physical hardware in the datacenter
- Layer 1 Break-fix hardware/hot swap
- Troubleshooting Cables, servers, network ports
- Servers without service contracts
- Vendor escorts
- Change support
- Server QA Backup tapes removed and given to offsite
- Remote troubleshooting for Amsterdam and Dublin data center hardware
- Connectivity (Pingable, RDP or iLO)
- MGMT connectivity
- FEX turn up/Decom Raid Repair and configuration
- Relocations and overall organization and cleanliness of the data center