Cloud Solutions Engineer III
Cloud Solutions Engineer
- As part of Libraries and IT Services, University Information Technology Services and Research Solutions division, the role will be responsible for working with faculty and their teams to develop and support Cloud-based solutions utilizing the University's Cloud framework, patterns, and services.
- Works to align with the University's direction in building a Cloud infrastructure offering for its research community.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with our faculty to understand and document their research, education, and service needs.
- Works with implementation teams to design Cloud technology solutions that support the full lifecycle of the faculty needs.
- Interacts with a variety of technical teams, including Local IT support units, Software Engineering, Data Solutions, IT Architecture, Middleware, Infrastructure, Information Security, Business Analysts, Product Support, and Project Management units.
- Ensures that the solutions make the best use of Emory technology solutions, whether they be primarily in the Cloud, on premise, or a combination.
- Ensures that solutions comply with University regulations and helps guide faculty and their teams in understanding their responsibilities.
- Supports implementation and research teams as they transition to the Cloud.
- Helps provide technical support and training, by contributing to the definition and documentation of methodology and pattern compliance guidelines.
- Works to continue growing Emory University's Cloud solutions and architecture through the development of reusable patterns, the documentation of use cases, and the active contribution to our knowledge around the Cloud.
- Participates in interdisciplinary working groups and works closely with Enterprise and solutions architecture teams to define and implement reusable frameworks.
- Contributes to quality outcomes through best practices in software implementation such as peer reviews and coding, design sessions, streamlined release processes, thorough testing and validation, and strives towards taking extra steps to ensure a quality product.
- Establishes best practices and framework in conjunction with enterprise teams to migrate applications from on premise to Cloud.
- Meets with customers to understand business requirements and translates into technical implementation delivery strategies.
- Performs other related duties as required.