DevOps Technical Lead
This is a 12 month contract with our global technology client. This position has the potential to be converted to a permanent position.
U.S. Citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor.
- Location: Irving, TX (must work onsite, no remote) o May work onsite at client location periodically
- Full time contractor - 40 hour work week / 8am 5pm / Monday - Friday
- Assignment term: 12 months contract-to-hire (based on performance)
- Travel: up to 25% local travel (client site less than 3 miles from office) o Contractor may need to work at client site as needed
- Overtime: Possible; upon request with manager s prior approval
- Non-local candidates considered (willing to relocate to work onsite): local candidates preferred; non-local candidates within 100 mile radius of DFW o Local candidates will be given first consideration o Non-local candidate must be willing/able to start assignment within 2 weeks or less from offer
- Relocation: relocation or relocation reimbursement is not provided
- Interviews: 1st phone; 2nd Onsite team; will consider SKYPE for non-local candidates only
- Training: provided first two weeks on job
The DevOps technical lead will experience implementing a broad range of DevOps activities such as test and deployment automation strategies, release and configuration management and the utilization of cloud-based technologies for the creation of immutable environments.
- Automation Testing define the automation test strategy, and lead automation to cover major functional area end to end covered. With a goal of 40-50% functionality and regression automatic test coverage
- Virtual Environments Define, manage and help maintain the test environments including Virtual test environments. Drive the automation strategy to manage and maintain these environments using DevOps tools. Goal create a repeatable process to Create Stores on demand and run regression tests
- Build and Release own the automation of build & release using MS TFS environment. Add the new definitions for new TFS cloud environment, older versions are getting deprecated. Enable the TFS dashboards for various reports like code coverage, unit test coverage, code churn reports etc. Add automation Package creation, and add dev ops tools like new relic for easy telemetry reporting. Goal - Fully automated build and release process with CI turned on
- Production Issue management own the automation of known issues and create scripts that can be used to run as part of AI engine (autonomics or any other such tool. Goal Automate the incident management and fixes that are required to run as part of issues that occur in production.
Education: Four year degree related to Computer/IT highly preferred.
Key Requirements: Minimum 8 years overall experience in the following:
- Automation Testing - define the automation test strategy, and lead automation to cover major functional areas
- Manage Virtual cloud and physical test Environments
- Build and Release - own the automation of build & release using MS TFS environment
- Production Issue management
- Excellent communication verbal, written and presentation; must be able to translate complex details
- Professional and respectful client facing
- Ability to take initiative
- Effective time management
- Retail / Point of Sale (POS) highly preferred