Director Product Management
Director of Product Management
No H1B Candidates please
Our client is a busy, growing company bursting with creative and passionate individuals, and they re looking for more great people to join their team. With offices in Seattle and Singapore, plus remote employees in dozens of countries, they share a global attitude of getting things done and having fun doing it. What are they doing? Our client is revolutionizing managed services automation, and empowering thousands of IT service providers worldwide to be more profitable in the cloud era. Why should you work for our client? They doubled in size in 2016, and they re still growing. Their employees are hard-working, risk-taking, and they love to have fun. Join them if you're ready to blow people's minds with how awesome you are as a person and an employee. And if your head is like theirs in the cloud!
Our client is seeking a Director of Product Management to lead their amazing product management team. This is one of the most important positions in the company!
Responsibilities include building and managing a team of world class product managers, driving product strategy, defining our roadmap and ensuring the voice of company customers are alive and well in everything they do. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable collaborating with the executive team on high-level product vision and getting deep into the details of understanding customer needs, building requirements, and projecting revenue opportunities.
The kind of things you will do:
- Assemble the best product management team in the greater Seattle area.
- Build and improve processes for collecting customer feedback, building requirements, and maintaining long-term roadmap.
- Be a company expert on the customers, market, industry, and competition across company's platform and product so collaborate with executives and translate their vision into action
- Build and maintain the business case for products, including market opportunity models, user personas, and top use cases
- Engage with customers through interviews, small group sessions, and broader market research; gather and understand their pain points, needs, and aspirations
- Adjust the product roadmap based on the scope and feasibility input from Technical Program Managers and dev team
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Assist Marketing team in the go-to-market planning and execution, and messaging and positioning
- Participate in specific sales opportunities (customer demos, roadmap alignment meetings, marketing events etc.)
- Participate in sales enablement initiatives (training, roadmap presentations, etc.)
- Participate in the business development and partnership building activities (demos for potential partners, roadmap alignments).
- Validate the product developed by R&; D against the product vision and product requirements
- Track and report on key metrics of product success, including revenue and customer satisfaction
You're qualified for this role if you:
- Have 7-10+ years of B2B software product management and/or marketing experience
- Plus 3-5+ years of experience leading a team
- Display top notch verbal and written communication skills
- Can demonstrate past success building and managing software/SaaS products
- Want to be in their awesome office almost every day (when you aren't in the field meeting with customers)
You're perfect for this role if you
- Are passionate about building happy, high-performing teams
- Feel a strong passion for technology and a strong aptitude for business strategy
- Have an in-depth understanding of IT service providers, managed services and cloud services
- Have prior experience building platforms for technical, B2B audiences
- Have razor-sharp wit and enjoy arguing with your manager
- Have strongly held opinions and principles but are willing to be flexible when needed
- Can find the right meme for any situation
You'll need the following skills:
- Leadership: Ability to lead a product team to develop profitable products that customers love and to influence the executive team on key product decisions.
- Writing: Ability to articulate and document the customers' market problems clearly and separate distinct requirements from unstructured feedback and information.
- Relationships: Ability to build strong rapport and relationships with customers so as to gain in-depth understanding of customers' problems and needs.
- Listening: Ability to interview customers in order to comprehensively understand their market problem. Ability to understand and capture customer needs accurately. Willingness to accept and assimilate new or conflicting information into the product requirements.
- Presenting: Ability to both create the presentations, communicate directly with customers, and speak in front of small and large audiences
- Process: Ability to structure and craft market requirements using a formal and structured methodology and to implement and/or follow the product planning process component of the product delivery process.
- Research: Ability to perform market research, market analysis, and competitive intelligence studies. Comfort building models in excel, analyzing large data sets, and reporting results clearly and accurately.