Full Stack Java Developer
Farmers Branch, TX
Direct hire position with our client in Dallas TX. U.S. Citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply. NO CORP-TO-CORP INQUIRIES PLEASE. We are unable to sponsor.
Local candidates only. Must be available to interview in person. NO SKYPE INTERVIEWS.
Seeking people who enjoy solving problems. We are rebuilding the engineering group to pivot our code base, and architecture to be micro services centric on the cloud. For the bold, there are opportunities to explore IoT, diagnostics, machine & deep learning, and industrial automation.
To go where we want to go, we are looking for tech savvy folks who can think big and want get their hands dirty to help us build exciting initiatives and be part of this exciting journey. The solution we build will define the next generation of reverse logistics and trade in platform.
We are looking for a software engineer who's passionate about coding and technology to create solutions that add measurable value to our business. The senior software engineer is expected to tackle hard technical problems, and also provide technical guidance to other software engineers and QA team members. This person will also help drive technical architecture, designs, perform code reviews, while working closely with the product team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with product team to translate functional requirements/ user stories into robust, scalable, and maintainable code within the architectural pattern
- Operate in an agile development environment & deliver functionality every two/three weeks cycle
- Be a technical evangelist serve as the champion of development best practices including application of design patterns, functional programming ideas, reactive programming ideas, code quality, test coverage etc.
- Lead and mentor junior team members as required
- Balance and guide software engineering activities with Hyla engineers as well as with contract engineers offshore.
- Engage with QA team to ensure/assure high quality software output
- Participate and provide architecture and engineering inputs for technical initiatives championed within the organization
- Help evaluate solutions/tools and help decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools
What we are looking for
Someone who can .
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership and pride in the code they develop
- Demonstrate being able to drive through projects and getting things done, as well as help move the needle
- Be a self-starter and takes initiative
- Develop excellent code across the entire stack (UI, Services, Data)
- Has solid knowledge of design & integration patterns
- Is comfy with Linux
- Use Java (using 8 features advantageously is even a big plus), Angular JS, Spring Framework, Hibernate
- SQL/RDBMS (NoSQL is a plus)
- AWS (is plus) & microservices (is plus)
Please show us your accomplishments outside of work (Git repo, articles, open source contributions will be a huge plus)
Contact: Deborah Laster | 214-705-1827 | deborahl@staffingtechnologies.Com