Lead Software Engineer- Java and Ruby on Rails Developer
This is a direct hire position with our client located in Euless, TX.
The Lead Software Engineer will lead full lifecycle software development for the web and mobile applications. You will work side by side with business analysts, product managers, and key business stakeholders to quickly deliver solutions in an agile environment. The engineer has experience building web applications from scratch and is comfortable in making architecture decisions. The engineer will develop full-stack product features, and has the drive for building robust solutions. The engineer will develop the application using Ruby on Rails and Angular JS frameworks.
- You will be working on a NEW product for the organization which is known as Quote to Cash . That means this system will follow the complete cycle from quoting a client to invoicing.
- You will need to have experience with working with an offshore team. Right now there are about 8 offshore teammates. The hope is by the end of 2018 to have it split off/onshore.
- You will need to have some lead experience. You will be the point person for this project.
- There is growth potential with this role in to a management role.
- Experience building large applications would be good because there will be a lot of information passing through this application and it needs to be quick.
Essential Job Functions
- Working closely with our Business Units to support, develop, and implement scalable, robust software solutions.
- Design, develop, document and maintain the software architecture in collaboration with our IT team and business units.
- Provide technical leadership and define, develop, and evolve software using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
- Translate requirements into design, and deliver to required timelines and quality standards.
- Determine and create a detailed design for each assigned code modules.
- 5+ years Java and Java Script
- 4+ years Python or PHP or Ruby on Rails
- 8+ Years of building scalable web applications in commercial production environments
- 2+ years of experience as a full stack developer working with Angular.Js, HTML, CSS, and PostgreSQL
- Experience working in an AWS cloud environment
- Strong understanding of distributed service architecture
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with offshore resources
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Ruby on Rails experience preferred.
- Bachelor s degree preferred.
Contact: Deborah Laster | 214-705-1827 | deborahl@staffingtechnologies.Com