This is at least a 12 month contract position with our client in Allentown PA.
Candidates must have an ABET accredited degree.
As our client s on-site Owner s Engineer (OE), you will lead the execution, review, and comment on the work performed by selected Design Contractors, Internal Designers, and Construction Contractors to ensure it meets expectations and standards.
- Leads the individuals required to administer, monitor, manage, and execute the contractor substation engineering resources and activities associated with projects.
- Acts as the substation asset owner for projects. Responsible for coordinating information between other functional groups and design firms.
- Responsible for developing a decision evaluation matrix when evaluating items which affects scope, budget, and cost.
- Participates in the evaluation of substation engineering bid proposals and helps determine the successful engineering firm.
- Provides the necessary technical expertise and oversight to the engineering contractor and other required groups, to ensure deliverables meet design expectations.
- Works closely with Project Management and Construction Management to ensure engineering provides a safe, cost effective constructible design which meets all deliverables.
- Accountable for addressing entire engineering scope.
- Responsible for the application of organizational policies. Elevates and reinforces a strong safety culture within the work group, through daily leadership, communication and behaviors.
- Act as the engineering lead for the project on client's behalf.
- Coordinating resources and schedules to meet established deadlines.
- Guide the engineering process through client's established workflows and checkpoints.
- Ensure the design appropriately utilizes client's established specifications.
- The construction meets engineering scope and criteria.
- Maintaining 2 week look ahead on construction and engineering needs.
- Providing weekly construction status reports.
- Verify that construction meets the design criteria for the project.
- Interacting with construction inspectors.
- Addressing any engineering challenges which occur during construction.
Additional responsibilities related to this position will be provided to applicants as requested. Contact: Deborah Laster | 214-705-1827 | deborahl@staffingtechnologies.Com