Point of Sale (POS) Test Lead
Our global technology client is seeking 6 Point of Sale (POS) Test Leads for multiple new projects. This is a 12 month contract with intent to convert to permanent (based on performance).
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor. NO CORP-TO-CORP INQUIRIES PLEASE.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. If you are NOT local, you must be able to attend 2 in person interviews. SKYPE INTERVIEWS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
This role will involve working with testers and subject matter experts to identify and develop test scenarios and test cases in HP Quality Center / ALM, and facilitating the execution of the test cases across testers in multiple functional areas. The POS Test Lead will report status to Test Manager and Project Lead regularly and will own the identification and communication of any issues or risks for the testing work stream on the projects. Project will be a Waterfall Model. We have an established process for how test cases are documented and how test execution is organized and reported out, and adherence to this process is required.
- Exposure to Apple Pay and Google Pay 9 months to 1 year experience
- Agile experience at least 1 year
- Manages functional testing activities on one large IT project or multiple smaller IT projects, concurrently.
- Includes working with project leaders on resource planning and timelines, coordinating the work of multiple testing resources to develop test scenarios and test cases, facilitating test execution and defect management activities, and providing regular status to project and business leaders.
- Expert in functional testing process, including test scope identification, test requirements management, test case development, test scheduling, and defect management.
- Strong understanding of common Systems Development Lifecycle methodologies, including Waterfall and iterative approaches like Agile / Scrum.
- Expert in using HP Quality Center / ALM for test and defect management.
- Independently documents and presents test strategies / plans to project and business leaders.
- Experience leading multiple resources on projects.
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills with IT and Business audiences.
- Excels at working in a project environment and on cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams.
- Consistently delivers day-to-day assignments with a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Independently develops key deliverables and publishes without supervisor review.
- Proactively applies a systematic approach to data gathering and analysis to make key decisions that are supported by facts.
- Able to influence others without authority in order to drive decision-making and solutions.
- Retail / POS background is a must.
- Bachelor s degree in IT or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in test / QA leadership roles.
- You may be working as part of a co-located testing team with 5-8 testers.
- Strong communication and leadership experience are key to success.
- Morning Triage with Developers/testers, other leadership meetings as needed, regular interaction with Testers, Functional Leads, Tech Leads, PMs.