Project/Program Manager - Airline
12 month contract Chicago IL 60606
Normal Monday - Friday 8 - 5 hours. All work should be completed on client site and resource should live in Chicago or Houston, preferably Chicago
Resource applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Manages customer project delivery.
- Revenue as detailed in Impact section.
- Very large/ complex/ single or multiple region.
- Manages High Risk Programs
- High complexity legal and commercial issues.
- Manages project financials including P&L.
- Meets or exceeds approved budgets.
- Provides reliable financial forecasts to the management.
- Manages business development.
- Identifies and develops new opportunities with client.
- Supports early qualification and opportunity assessment for large and complex opportunities.
- Acts as opportunity manager for high risk deals.
- Manages client relationships.
- Manages upper level client delivery relationships.
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
- Manages project team.
- Manages internal as well as external resources with a team size less than 40 people.
- Mentors and encourages skill development of project team members.
- Provides detail performance review input and development recommendations for team members.
- Manages projects with aggressive but achievable client deadlines.
Strong Program/Project Management skills
- 10+ years experience in program/project management or in like roles/businesses
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of key Corporate Services operational policies, processes and methodologies applicable to project management.
- Speaks with authority to most layers of depth related to project management methods.
- Makes use of and contributes to the company's PM Professions community.
- PMP Certified.
- Agile expertise is a plus.
- Resource will need to have strong business skills in addition to PM.
- Airline expertise working with unions (Pilots, Flight Attendants, Crew) and general areas of payroll for an airline would be a plus.
- Mainframe application development experience is a plus.
Contact: Deborah Laster | 214-705-1827 | deborahl@staffingtechnologies.Com