Senior Linux Engineer
Seeking a Linux subject matter expert for our client located in downtown Dallas. This starts out as a 6 month contract but will continue to be extended as needed.
Interview process: Phone followed by an in person interview (Skype interviews will NOT be considered)
This position requires a person who has senior level consultation expertise in a specific and defined area of systems. This position will have current subject matter experience not only in design and development but also in current deployment practices.
Team culture is fast-paced, hard-working, energetic, and fun.
- SME in Linux Operating system with Strong Virtualization knowledge with VMWare and/or Azure
- Lead automation efforts for Linux within virtual server builds and capacity management
- Architect and develop customer solutions based on current hands-on knowledge Linux VM on VMware and or Azure
- Experience in writing Shell or Perl script
- Able to learn new technologies as needed and open to changing technological direction as required by the team to lead new projects and initiatives
- Experience in SAN and NAS Storage, RAID and LVM Management
- Good knowledge about the Virtualization and Cluster (Veritas Cluster Services, etc.)
- Apache, Squid, LDAP, MySQL, PHP server Administration
- NIS, NFS, FTP, SAMBA IPTABLES, DNS, SNMP, DHCP and SNMP administration
- Working knowledge on YUM/Satellite Server
- Understanding with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Patch & Package management, Security, Server hardening, etc.
- User Management, Performance Analysis, capacity planning and monitoring
- Troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issue
- Configuration and administration of LVM and Veritas logical volume manager
- Installation and configuration of HA environment using Linux cluster or Veritas Cluster
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
- Able to provide technical solutions on various requirements
- Experience in Server Management (Server build/ migration, etc.)
- Should have used any backup management software i.E. TSM,
- Preferred Certification in Red Hat Linux.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications, analytical and presentation skills.
- Solid Understanding of Storage & Blade Technologies that integrate with Virtualization
- Solid understanding of on premise Cloud platforms such as VMware and Azure
- Solid understanding of Linux and Wintel Server platforms
- Solid understanding of routing and switching technologies
- Solid understanding of Backup technologies that leverage visualization
- Advanced knowledge of server and blade (HP) architecture
- Experience in multiple Geo Redundant sites
- Experience with technologies for continuous multi-site replication
- Familiar with the following technologies: Hardware OS OEL (Oracle Enterprise Linux, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, Windows; VM Ware; Storage SANs; Oracle Databases; Network Switches, Veritas HA.
- The skills to assist in scoping, designing and implementing various types of SOW and T&M based projects
- Certifications in VMware or other relevant technologies would be a plus
Contact: Deborah Laster | 214-705-1827 | deborahl@staffingtechnologies.Com