Software Engineering Manager
Farmers Branch, TX
This is a direct hire position. U. S. Citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor.
Our Dallas TX client is looking for a talented Engineering Manager who is passionate about technology, people and lean process, and use the three areas to build solutions that add measurable value to our business. The Engineering Manager is expected to tackle hard technical problems by working closely with software engineers, dev ops, quality engineers and product management. This position will be based in our Farmers Branch, TX office
Manager will perform 3 key functions in addition to the items mentioned in the following job description:
- Managing Delivery of software through Scrum methodology
- Technical Leader and Mentor
- Change Agent Participate and drive through transformation agenda
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a highly motivated and high-performance team, fostering growth, accountability, innovation and collaboration
- Drive the direction and execution of the core trade in platform
- Manage and deliver releases on time using Agile software development methodology
- Collaborate with product managers on product requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to deliver an end-to-end solution to customers
- Work with Tech Leads and across teams to drive technical roadmap
- Manage customer bugs and escalations
- Write performance reviews and work with direct reports on their career development plans
- Implement and drive software development best practices throughout the organization
- Serve as an evangelist and as the champion of development best practices including application of design patterns, functional programming ideas, reactive programming ideas, code quality, test coverage etc.
- Mentor & coach team members
- Participate and provide architecture and engineering inputs for technical initiatives championed within the organization
- Help evaluate solutions/tools and help make good decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools that lead to enhanced productivity and quality.
Graduate Degree and 7+ years of equivalent experience.
- Has deep understanding of Spring Framework, Hibernate, & (JEE UI | Angular JS | React JS | other UI frameworks)
- Is comfy with Linux & has done cloud (AWS is a +)
- Java (using 8 features advantageously is a big plus)
- Developer best practices TDD, BDD, Sonar practices, CI etc.
- Microservices is a + & API (REST) is a +
Contact: Deborah Laster | 214-705-1827 | deborahl@staffingtechnologies.Com