Software Test Engineer
Rancho Cordova, CA
Our global technology client is seeking 4 Software Test Engineers for a 12 month contract in Rancho Cordova CA. Some previous experience in software development is highly desired.
U.S. Citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship.
- Assignment term: up to 12 months (potential contract-to-hire)
- Number of openings: 4
- Location: Rancho Cordova, CA (must work onsite, no remote)
- Full time contractor - 40 hour work week / 8am 5pm / Monday - Friday
- Security clearance required: not required but highly preferred
- Non-local candidates considered (willing to relocate to work onsite): will only consider non-local candidates within a 100 mile radius of Rancho Cordova o Non-local candidates must be willing/able to start assignment within 2 weeks or less from offer
- Interviews: 1st phone; 2nd Onsite team; will consider SKYPE for non-local candidates only
External Job Description:
- Design, develop and execute test procedures in an integrated testing environment.
- Create new test scenarios while making sure requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain automated testing procedures.
- Understand integration points, and ensure test scenarios cover all platforms, transactions, and interfaces.
- Generate requirements for the testing environment, making sure final software product and deliverables are tested in the integrated environment.
- Perform system and data analysis and propose solution to customer issues.
- Generating test data as needed.
- Work with customers and other SMEs to understand concepts and operations in order to understand the testing and validation needs.
- Document defects/issues encountered, capturing steps to recreate, document outcome and provide information to the development team for solution
- Understand the need for control and repeatability and act accordingly making sure issues are properly documented, recreated, and demonstrated to insure fixes are addressing the defects encountered.
- Must have some knowledge of .Net Windows and Java J-Boss
- BS degree or equivalent and previous experience as a programmer/developer.
- Must have hands-on work experience in the following technologies: o Microsoft .NET technology using the following: WCF, C#.NET, Web Services, Java, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, Oracle, JBOSS, HTTP, SOAP, XML.
- Experience with Oracle, SQL, scripting, and procedures.
- Experience in creating test plans, test case, documenting all phases, integrating all components, and understanding across platform dependencies.
- Experience in creating testing artifacts, understanding customer needs, and determining how to validate software features and functionality.
- Experience in documenting and performing performance related test cases
- Experience in researching issues related to interfaces, databases, review logs, and scripts to facilitate quick defect resolution.