Sr Cloud Services Engineer with DevOps & Monitoring
Our Dallas client is seeking a Senior Cloud Services Engineer with DevOps and monitoring experience. This is a permanent position.
COLLEGE DEGREE REQUIRED. Must have unrestricted work authorization for U.S. Must be available for an in person interview. No Skype interviews.
The Cloud Services Engineer will be responsible for architecting, designing, deploying and maintaining monitoring solutions in a cloud environment.
- Maintain existing cloud services monitoring environment patch existing systems, deploy new components
- Design or provide specifications for hardware/software
- Analyze, install, acquire, modify and support operating systems, databases, monitoring or utilities software
- Perform product evaluations and make product recommendations
- Identify and implement improvements to our monitoring systems (performance, security, etc.). Implement system enhancements (software/hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- Perform incident analysis and resolution
- Participation in the on-call rotation
- Perform problem analysis following any service issues to prevent recurrence
- Perform periodic data analysis to measure the quality of service and customer SLA
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or IT.
- 5+ years' experience in IT deployments
- Strong Linux experience
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as VMware ESXi
- Experience with monitoring solutions, such as, Nagios, Datadog, Splunk, AppDynamics
- Sound knowledge of database management systems, such as, MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS Aurora
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Solid experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, bash, or PowerShell
- Must be available to travel within the US and internationally, approximately 10%.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization for US
- Must be available for on call rotation
- Familiarity with PKIs and related technologies (LDAP directories, HSMs, OCSP) and security practices
- Working knowledge of Entrust suite of PKI/SSL/IDG products (training will be provided, if required)
- Working knowledge of RedHat Directory Services.
- Experience delivering enterprise-scale technical service via IaaS-enabled infrastructures.
- Hands-on experience with Safenet or nCipher Hardware Security Modules
- Knowledge of networking and network devices (Cisco, Juniper)
- CCNA, RHCE, VCP, CISSP or similar certification
Contact: Deborah Laster | 214-705-1827 | deborahl@staffingtechnologies.Com
Staffing Technologies has been a premier staffing firm since 1994. We have offices located throughout the U.S. And are committed to building relationships with the right candidates to meet our clients needs. We understand that our success is because of our people. We offer creative, customized staffing solutions, with stable, secure professionals experienced in the latest technologies.