Sr Network Engineer
Sr. Network Engineer
4 month contract
No H1B candidates please
- Plan, design, and implement networked systems, including configurations and support. Independently troubleshoot networking problems by investigating underlying problems.
- Coordinate with vendors for the installation of required items, e.G. Routers, bridges, concentrators, and switches.
- Evaluate, implement, and monitor incoming network change requests.
- Participate in peer review of new or modified LANs/WANs/VoIP strategy, and advise on impact of proposed network changes.
- Monitor, respond, triage, and resolve network incidents.
- Perform quarterly proactive network testing to ensure proper functioning and reliability of the network.
- Provide project planning and input on cost and benefit analysis; conduct vendor comparisons; and lead and/or participate in project implementation.
- Interface with Network Implementation and Engineering as necessary to support on-going network activities.
- Conduct network studies and performance analyses, and recommend changes.
- May function in a lead capacity within department and represent department in workflow and escalation discussions with others.
- Work as a lead on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Act as Network lead in researching, identifying, analyzing, resolving problems, and implementing solutions and/or enhancements independently
- Make recommendations based on problem research and analysis.
- Interface frequently with cross-discipline support teams, e.G. Database, SAN, and Server to coordinate activities across groups in order to achieve success and provide seamless network operations.
- Develop and interpret network design and solutions to meet immediate and future business needs.
- Provide training and assist with proposal writing.
- Mentor others and may function in a lead capacity within department and represent department in workflow, escalation discussions with others, as necessary.
- Ensure network documentation and network schematics are correct and up to date.