Contract to hire
Sorry no H1B Candidates
Sorry no relocation
An experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer with experience in Unified Communications and Telephony. You have a passion for solving complex technical hurdles and an excellent background in telephony administration. You possess a blend of tactical hands-on capability, strategic planning, and a friendly customer attitude. You ensure the stability and integrity of voice, data, video network services and participate in the support of the network infrastructure. You participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of network hardware, software, and communication links as it pertains to global voice and data infrastructure. You troubleshoot network performance issues, analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning. They are a Cisco shop globally except firewalls in which case they are Fortinet. (Experience with Fortinet is not a requirement for this role, but it is helpful).
Their IT Infrastructure and Operations team are a well-rounded and experienced group of both Sr. And Non-Sr. Level Engineers. They continue to work on a global infrastructure upgrade project that has created a strong collaborative environment both within the team and key business stakeholders. Every team member is expected to have both core subject matter expertise but also a desire to do and learn more in a wider variety of technologies.
Be the primary on projects to implement new global IP Telephony and video conferencing technologies. Participate in both networking and systems projects as appropriate, as part of a full global infrastructure upgrade project. You will also act as an escalation point for help desk in regards to network and telephony issues.
- Working knowledge of QoS implementation and support operations for network based phone systems, monitoring technologies as they relate to IP telephony
- 5+ years experience with VOIP and telephony technologies at an enterprise-level, and participated in its implementation and support.
- 5+ years experience with Unified Communications platforms. Including either Cisco UC or Skype for Business.
- 5+ years implementing and supporting teleconference and audio visual systems.
- 5+ years experience maintaining network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, QoS service implementation, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to telephony technologies, video conferencing, network topology, network equipment, and configuration(s). Ability to document standards, methods and produce drawings of environments
- Level 3 Support for problems identified with systems. Will act as an escalation for Level 1 and Level 2 support
- Participate in occasional after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability.
- Interface with third party vendors.Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of implementing, upgrading, and migrating LAN and WAN topologies). This individual will also analyze, and resolve WLAN hardware, software problems and work with end users when required
- Working knowledge of systems administration Including Windows Server, Server Hosts, Hypervisors, Storage Technologies
- Networking experience - we would be looking for WAN, LAN, WLAN, Routers (both Border and Inside Border), Switches, Firewalls and the management of each which all fall outside of UC and Telephony, Telepresence Conferencing