Agile Project Manager
Austin, TX 78703
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Austin, TX
Primary Skills: Agile Project Manager
Home Away is seeking a Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master to join our creative team and support our Marketing team to scope, plan, execute, and deliver marketing programs according to budget, timeline and talent availability. This includes, but is not limited to, allocation of resources within our internal team, partnerships for delivery within the Expedia global network, and/or management of third party vendors to successful project completion.
The ideal candidate hails from an internal agency background and has direct experience managing PMs and projects in a cross-functional, Agile, creative environment. S/he has a strong project management, production management or operations background and combines impeccable relationship skills with a discerning creative eye and a pragmatic business approach. S/he has managed large-scale creative and technical efforts, keeping them on-time and on-budget, while navigating the competing needs of diverse stakeholders throughout.
- Serve as a daily point of contact within Marketing and The Creative Dept for our creative projects and programs employing the necessary Agile Scrum Master skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increased transparency to move work successfully through a sprint cycle and/or project lifecycles.
- Assist in leading the overall operational soundness of The Creative Dept through superior process development, reporting, project tracking and analysis.
- Partner with Creative Dept management to lead and evangelize the Creative Dept's Agile Marketing process.
- Manage and develop 2 or more direct reports (Agile PMs) helping to facilitate the smooth operation of a creative team of 30+.
- Develop, implement, administer and lead sound project briefings, intake and program development; project management; partner communications and expectation management; third-party vendor management, outsourcing strategy; and reporting.
- Partner with assigned Marketing Owner to establish and manage a sprint backlog with respect to strategic priorities and visibility on execution against the company's objectives.
- Assist with the sourcing, management and establishment of best practices for our external resources (agencies, vendors, freelancers, photographers, copywriters, etc.) to ensure deadline commitments.
- Coordinate priorities, schedules, plans, and necessary resources to ensure completion of projects and/or programs on schedule and according to specification, proactively providing risk management, devising contingency plans and correctly managing expectations and resources throughout the sprint cycle and/or project/program life cycles.
- Constructively and effectively negotiate sensitive issues with functional and cross-functional team members at various levels of the organization.
- Partner with creative leadership on the development of winning creative strategies; SME in creative ideation.
- 3 to 5 years experience managing Agile workflows, tasks and projects with a team of 8+ pod members.
- Direct experience working within a pod structure, integrating Agile practices via a (Hybrid) Scrum model (stand ups, sprints, retrospectives, etc.)
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills, written, oral and visual.
- Strong detail orientation with an emphasis on precision and focus on facts
- Thorough understanding of all the moving pieces - roles and requirements - needed to bring global creative programs to fruition.
- Strong solution orientation; doesn't dwell on problems but actively seeks out win-wins
- Strong level of business knowledge in marketing disciplines (such as demand generation, email marketing, marketing communications, social outlets, advertising, print media).
- High-performance orientation with an appreciation for working smarter not harder.
- Comfort with ambiguity and an ability to build structure and process where it may be lacking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, successfully delivering against both high priority and quick-turn requests simultaneously.
- Ability to dig deep and communicate both about individual tasks and long-term creative strategy
- Positive attitude. Inspires others with a cool, calm and collected management style
- Mastery of basic computer skills including Mac, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as experience using Agile Creative project tracking and collaboration systems (e.G. Jira, Trello, In Vision, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in related field or relevant work experience.
- This role is based at HomeAway's Austin Downtown office and requires both physical presence in Austin and willingness to manage international projects that are distributed across time zones.
- CSM Certification preferred
- Experience supporting global or geographically diverse teams; both internal and external.
- Experience with PM best practices (PMP) / Resource Management oversight + best practices + risk management