Application Engineer(Job Number: nnnnnn)
Position Type: Permanent
Location: Fairfax, VA.
Must Require skills:
- Focusing on the deployment of Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS) Customer facing position and the successful candidate must work well in a team environment and will interface directly with contractors and end-users on a daily basis.
- Responsibilities for this position include performing software installation and start-up services, troubleshooting equipment and device communications, and providing customer training for the commissioned system.
- Consulting with customers to determine system operation requirements Specifying and purchasing of hardware/software as required by project Installation and upgrading of EPMS software Configuring and commissioning client and 3rd party hardware
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on control systems, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience related to Electrical Power Monitoring Systems; Building Automation Systems, Systems Integration, and/or Energy Management Systems
- Experience working around electrical equipment such as switchgear, generators, UPS systems, etc.
- Good understanding of industry standard communication protocols with an emphasis on Modbus, IEC 61850, and BACnet
- Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies, and hardware
- Knowledgeable in computer programming languages (Visual Basic, C/C++, Java, etc.), databases (SQL), and HTML development
- PLC programming and troubleshooting experience
- HMI configuration experience, including graphical screen development