BI Developer Analyst
Redmond, WA 98052
BI Developer Analyst
Contract to hire
No H1B candidates please
Job responsibilities include the development of BI reports from the AWP business data residing in the Data warehouse. Work with users to determine requirements and translate them into reports and dashboards for the business. Design, develop, test, and implement both system generated as well as user initiated reports. Design and implement Data warehouse schemas and ETL process s to populate the Data Warehouse. Work with back-end systems people to design and implement solutions. Provide status reports as required.
- Experience with SQL server and T-SQL and Oracle Databases and P/SQL
- Experience Oracle SQL Developer ad hoc reporting tool or equivalent
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio ad hoc reporting tool or equivalent
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, Qlik tools or equivalent
- Experience with Visual Studio and Business Intelligence projects
- Experience with Oracle ERP database (eTRM modules) a plus
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customer groups to analyze reporting requirements.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in teams, and manage a project from beginning to end.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Design and code BI reporting applications
- Provide support to other departmental projects as required
- Knowledge and Skills
Requires thorough knowledge of principles and procedures in BI Reporting systems, including analysis and design. Requires progressive experience in Report and Dashboard design and development. Requires technical problem solving and analytical skills. Requires sufficient communication skills to conduct individual instruction, technical assistance, and apply understandable lines of questioning when trying to understand department needs or problems.
Requires the ability to perform all of the relevant duties of the position with general supervision. Requires the ability to analyze technical problems and to develop and apply appropriate solutions. Requires the ability to analyze data and develop logical solutions. Requires the ability to discuss technical information with users, discern their needs and develop screens, etc.
- Working Conditions
Position requires ambulatory abilities sufficient to perform light walking and standing, and occasional stooping, carrying, and lifting of light weight materials (under 20 pounds). Requires visual acuity to read numbers, letters, and images; depth perception; hand and finger dexterity to use a keyboard, and hand-eye coordination. Requires speaking and hearing ability sufficient to hear over phone and carry on routine conversations
- Education and Experience
Position requires a combination of education and experience equivalent to an AA degree in computer science and five years experience; or a BS degree plus two years experience.