Redmond, WA 98052
Purchase productsand services for production material as required by forecast and the productionschedule. Support interdepartmental MRO purchase requests.
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers.
Secure and analyze quotations, negotiateprices and terms with suppliers, and recommend suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness.
- Establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation and material lead times. Setup & maintain material master system planning parameters (MOQ, lead time, safety stocks).
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes.
- Support material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development.
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
- Study market prices and trends, engineering developments, and manufacturing method improvements to generate opportunities for supplier quality improvement and cost reduction
- Act as a main point of contact between suppliers and internal functions (e.G. Quality and R&D)
- Visit suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems.
MinimumRequirements: Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Supply Chain (planning & procurement) experience.
- APICS CPIM/CSCP, CPSM certification completed or in progress, preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel