The Chief Architect will be responsible for guiding direction and promoting continuous evolution of large Fortune 10 Giant! This will include strategic technology decisions, architectural upgrades and partner integrations. The Chief Architect will report directly to the Senior Vice President. In this capacity the Chief Architect will engage with architects, technical leaders and teams globally to oversee and inspire the evolution of our shared platform.
Here's the challenge.
- Development offices around the world that are moving fast and independently.
- A strategic desire to leverage the best of AWS or other Cloud Platforms
- Large Enterprise environment composed of many legacy, mobile, cloud, and Big Data Platforms.
- Enterprise consists of a Large Supply Chain Environment
- Perform architectural analysis and design for systems spanning our products
- Partner with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system designs
- Understands the organizational direction, goals and industry competitive environment to determine how architecture can add value to the organization and to business. Makes expert recommendations and decisions clearly linked to the organization's strategy and financial goals.
- Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application/platform architecture to provide solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- Ensures that the technology architecture and technical strategies remain current with the business goals, and directs the development of architecture activities and projects, while aligning with current and long-term business and technology goals.
- Promotes best practices to support scalability, skills transfer and organizational change management across the enterprise and architecture community.
- Mentor technical leads/software engineers to enable the individuals and the organization to develop a scalable and stable solution landscape.
Core competencies of the ideal candidate:
- Architect experience at a Fortune 500 level is required.
- Ability to manage up to 10 Architects and 300+ Developers.
- Some sort of exposure to large Supply Chain infrastructure.
- Ability to architect through continuous change & ensure scalability of solutions.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- A keen understanding of great engineering culture
- Able to collaborate on long-term architectural vision, and articulate and evangelize that vision in and out of the company
- Breadth of knowledge and passion spanning front-end and back-end technologies.