Dallas, TX 75240
Job Title: Database Developer
Location: Dallas, TX. 75240
Duration: 1 year
Primary Skills: Expertise and 5+ years hand on experience in Teradata data warehouse platform. (80% of the role is working with Teradata). Programming in shell & Perl scripting, and Python/Java/Scala experience a must. Strong Informatica ETL tool experience. Exceptional communication skills .
Travelocity Email Marketing Technology team is currently looking for seasoned Database Development Engineer with a heavy programming background. Are you passionate about working with SQL Server, Teradata, Bigdata, technologies and have a consistent track record of delivering high quality database/data warehouse solutions. As part of this team, you will be responsible for the delivery of solutions and maintaining the email marketing data warehouse in Teradata & Bigdata. You will be responsible for the Informatica Daily Operational Schedules and Workflows. You will also be working with existing Hadoop, Scala, Python solutions. These solutions drive business value from powering the most critical Email Marketing business decisions to powering our email content through various avenues of personalization. This entails working with the other teams and business partners to define out requirements, complete solution design, development and ultimate delivery to the end consumers.
- Design, develop and maintain various facets of database and data warehouse implementations including algorithm & data structures.
- Define development standards and design patterns for email marketing data warehouse and applications.
- Build ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) to extract data from Hadoop, Teradata and other relational database sources.
- Prototype creative solutions quickly
- Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality
- Perform data analysis, provide development & QA support & troubleshoot issues with existing data warehouse products & solutions
- Develop design documents, test plans & system documentation.
- Build tool sets to manage the data & create batch jobs.
- Provide timely and appropriate communication to business owners, partners, and users on issue status and resolution
- Drive road map; understand priorities, projects, resources, issues and risks effectively
Strengths You'll Need:
- Expertise and 5+ years hand on experience in Teradata data warehouse platform.
- Programming in shell & perl scripting, and Python/Java/Scala experience a must
- Strong Informatica ETL tool experience
- Hands on development skills in ETLs from Teradata, Hadoop, Hive/Qubole, Redshift, Map Reduce & SQL a must
- Background in Data warehousing principles, architecture and its implementation in large multi-terabyte environments.
- Experience with working on AWS technologies preferred.
- Object-oriented design, distributed computing & performance tuning
- Dimensional modeling
- Algorithm development
- Software testing (QA)
- Experience with working in an Agile/SCRUM and DevOps models.
- Customer service skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability and desire to work in a rapidly changing environment and stay motivated and flexible
- Ability to work effectively with team members to resolve technical, procedural, and operational issues Education and Work Experience:
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
Contact Imran Khan 913-257-3377 Ext 191