Director of IT
Seattle, WA 98108
Our client is seeking a Director of Information Technology (IT) leads the planning, engineering and execution of the IT functions at to achieve business growth and operational excellence. Coordinating with the VP of Operations and working directly with IT staff, this person ensures that all technology systems are operational and meet the demands of the within the approved budget. The Director of IT manages all information systems/technology operations including: applications, database administration, systems/data security, desktop support, internal telecommunications and strategic systems development and planning, and creating and updating Standard Operating Procedures.
This position is a key participant in the Executive Technology Committee to establish short- and long-term goals to accomplish business objectives, introduce new technologies that serve visitor and operational needs, and ensure that department goals are aligned with -wide goals, plans and initiatives. The Director of IT is responsible for establishing and overseeing department and individual project budgets and schedules, determines required resources to achieve objectives and obtains staff and/or contractor services to successfully reach the s high standards of excellence. This position has staff supervisory responsibility and will work to ensure a collaborative IT work environment, as well serves and works cooperatively with other departments to achieve common goals.
Education: Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems preferred, or equivalent work experience in information technology.
Experience: Six or more years of experience in an Information Technology department, as a working manager, successfully leading and managing department goals and desired project outcomes. Hands-on experience with servers, desktop computers, mobile devices, and tablet computers and installing, configuring and maintaining Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Office 365, Azure, CRM software, Skype for Business, SQL, MySQL, Windows Server, DHCP, DNS, Amazon Web Services, and System Center (including Service Manager, Configuration Manager, Operations Manager, and VMware vSphere and ESXI).
License & Certification: None
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to generate collaborative cross-department support and buy-in for IT-based initiatives
- Self-directed and self-motivated, requires a global outlook, as well as a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrates the efficient and effective management of diverse populations
- Project management skills including analyzing metrics and budgetary oversite
- Able to communicate authentically and with clarity both written and verbal to various populations within and outside of the
- In-depth understanding of operating systems, application, server, desktop, and networking concepts
- Advance understanding and implementation of industry standards surrounding networking, security, cloud computing, virtualization, information workflow, data storage, telephone systems, asset tracking, backup / restore and disaster recovery
- Familiarity with Brocade, Cisco, and WatchGuard networking hardware and operating systems
- At time of job offer candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Customer service/client driven focus with a positive, collaborative, solution-based attitude that stays within and upholds s policies, procedures and core values
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, potential evening and/or weekend work is necessary depending upon project deadlines
- Onsite attendance is essential to perform the duties of this position
Essential Job Functions
- Lead, manage and evaluate the IT Department
- Develop and maintain budget, policies and procedures, projects, security and technology compliance, vendor agreements and relationships, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Coordinate objectives and ensures that proper resources and talent are in place to meet approved objectives of the IT department.
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of IT to ensure that the various information technology systems are fully functioning efficiently with little to no downtime or disruption.
- Oversee the information technology development, design and production process and ensure standards are maintained.
- Work with the Executive Technology Committee and the VP of Operations to establish short- and long-term department goals by determining and analyzing information technology business needs, initiatives and requirements that align the strategic plan.
- Establish, track and manage department schedules and budgets for new projects, initiatives and daily on-going maintenance.
- Manage various aspects of projects related to outside vendors such as seeking and evaluating bids for work, scheduling said work and overseeing successful completion.
- Oversee the department budget by identifying, documenting and then requesting all potential expenses for pre-approval.
- Maintain Service Level Agreements as defined by standards and strategy.
- Manages the IT staff and associated outside vendors and/or contractors and help foster a healthy, engaged, collaborative IT work environment that is highly effective, business-driven, and possesses a customer service mindset.
- Organize and manage regular IT department meetings as well as participate in -wide and department-wide events, trainings and meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This full-time position works primarily Monday through Friday between 8am - 5pm with flexibility for evening and weekend hours when needed to fulfill the IT needs of the organization.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Normal office conditions apply, including repetitive wrist and arm movement and long periods of sitting, standing or walking
- Accessing tight and confined spaces is required, as is working on elevated catwalks, ladders, and lifts
- The ability to focus, bend, carry, reach to the side, front, and overhead, push, pull, walk, stand, twist and squat
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.