Director of Product Management & Marketing
Chicago, IL 60631
The Director of Product Management & Marketing will lead the effort to define the product strategy and road map as well as manage the implementation of additional product features and be responsible for the overall growth and profitability of the Device Protection product. This leader will build and lead a diverse team of marketing professionals (e.G. Growth Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications Specialist, etc.) to create a great customer experience and exceed our business goals. They will be the Product & Marketing lead, responsible for Digital Marketing efforts, including direct acquisition and B2B marketing, with a focus on Social and Content Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Product Strategy, Development and Management
- Set and manage a long-term strategy for Device Protection, including road map and features
- Deliver on product design that will serve as the blueprint for a differentiated customer experience; iterate as necessary based on key metrics and customer feedback
- Lead the product development efforts including product feature development, customer experience, individual/entity licensing, product filing and state approvals
- Support peers from a business/product standpoint in development support for technical build (front-end and back-end), claims admin and fulfillment, customer service, operations, etc.
- Maintain, prioritize and implement a backlog of features balancing customer need and business impact
Acquire Customers/Lead Growth
- Lead Direct to Consumer marketing plan across paid social, organic social, paid search, organic search, content marketing, PR, etc.
- Invest early to maximize learning, then measure and iterate frequently to maximize efficient growth
- Measure funnel conversion and make changes as necessary to maximize efficient conversion
- Own and adjust customer acquisition goal as a lever based on Customer Acquisition Cost, customer growth through partner channels, revenue target pacing, etc.
Grow Partner Channels
- Launch and maximize acquisition from existing acquisition partners
- Support various presentations, proposals, RFPS, demos, pilots, etc. As needed to drive additional B2B distribution partnerships, including development of marketing tools and templates targeted by verticals and/or solutions
- Develop and execute on B2B marketing strategy and plan to maintain a robust pipeline of potential B2B partners to 'pre-qualify' and hand-off to business development/sales
Device Protection Product Operations
- Establish and maintain proper individual and entity licensing to sell and administer insurance and service contracts.
- Ensure product is operating in compliance with underwriting and marketing guidelines established with issuing entity
- Partner with issuing entity to ensure product is properly licensed as needed in all 50 states
- Act as primary liaison with underwriter to make sure reserves are adequate and optimized
Education & Experience Requirement:
- 4 yr degree from an accredited college or university
- 10+ yrs experience in product management, development, marketing and/or strategy, preference for consumer-focused, recurring revenue businesses.
What we are looking for
- Strong communication, organization and project planning skills
- Focused on customer needs as priority number one
- Passion for customer experience and building differentiated products
- Hands-on, self-motivated leader who can develop and deliver on product strategy, management and marketing tactics day-to-day while leading their team
- Action oriented with a bias towards building small € test features €, measuring impact on the customer and business, and then iterating to evolve the product over time.
- Ability to manage budget and achieve revenue and profitability targets
- Preference for prior experience in managed services, insurance, warranty or wireless industries
- Digital Acquisition - Skilled at digital customer acquisition (particularly via Google)
- Social Acquisition - Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube,
- Loyalty/CRM - Experience optimizing retention and customer lifetime value
Contact: Deborah Laster 214-705-1827