IT Asset Management Specialist
Allentown, PA 18101
The Asset Management Specialist protects the integrity of service assets and configuration items by ensuring that only authorized components are used, and only authorized changes are made. They also ensurethat configuration items, i.E., CIs (any component that needs to be managed in order to deliver an IT Service) are identified, accounted for, reported, verified, and audited.
- Ensure that configuration items are identified, accounted, reported, verified and audited
- Coordinate all configuration management database changes which directly or indirectly impacts production services
- Have a working knowledge of the end-to-end implications of configuration changes and communicate such implications as appropriate to the other key service management processes
- Ensure that an up-to-date asset inventory for all technology assets is maintained and only authorized components are used
Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination.
May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related work experience OR 8 years of related work experience
- Understanding of Service Organizations and the impact of deployment on CMDB
- Experience of assets and logical CMDB methods
- Methodical approach with an attention to detail
- Master's Degree