Seattle, WA 98101
Contract to hire
****No H1b candidates please****
The IT Manager oversees the company s network infrastructure, desktop support, and business applications. The IT Manager is responsible and accountable for 24/5 smooth operational capability of mission critical IT functions.
- Administer, maintain, monitor, and repair Local Area Network (LAN) Wide Area Network (WAN) and all peripheral hardware, data communications and software. Diagnose and assist in resolving network implementation and configuration. Must have a working knowledge of Cisco Products.
- Monitors network performance to determine whether adjustments are required, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Maintain a secure data, network, and systems by monitoring completion of routine system events.
- Collaborate with the vendors for new installation, repairs, and maintenance of the telecommunications infrastructure, Network circuits and related services.
- Administer and maintain all telecommunications equipment and services, including but not limited to data circuits, analog telephone lines, and VOIP telephone system.
- Serve as a resource all network subscribers; troubleshoot hardware, software, electronic communication, and network problems.
- Negotiate contracts with Network and Telephony Vendors
- Collaborate with third-party vendors for Network and Telephony Services.
- Install, configure, and maintain physical and virtual servers running Windows Server Operating Systems Windows server 2008/12.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, disk arrays, etc. In accordance with standards and operational requirements including memory configuration, RAID configuration, backup systems, storage technology, clustering and load balancing.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Manage IT infrastructure systems, distributed, enterprise production environment, Active Directory, group policy, LDAP, WINS, DNS, DHCP, File and Printer Servers on Windows Server 2008 & 2012.
- Deploy and Manage MS Azure Administrations: Active Directory,
- Build and Maintain network storage, virtualization Hyper-V,
- Maintain offsite backup systems.
- Provide Maintenance and Support for SharePoint
- Perform daily system monitoring of servers and network equipment to detect errors that signal malfunction in communications software or hardware. Verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Collaborate with third-party vendors to conduct thorough vulnerability tests, risk assessments, internal security audits (that include reviewing security logs and user privileges), and prepare for external audits and exams.
- Research, analyze, develop, test, and recommend innovative ways to use existing and new information technologies, as well as enhancing network security; review newly proposed IT systems and network design and configuration changes to ensure compliance with internal security policies and best practices.
- Evaluate and plan security initiatives, which include but are not limited to, researching security platforms, overseeing security-coding practices, and conducting risk assessments and determining mitigation steps.
- Create, enforce and maintain data security policies, Network Use agreements.
- Manage and assist Departments with special projects related to field of expertise included but not limited to Raiser Edge, Abilla, Fundraising/Auction Software and Web Development.
- Provide Project Management oversight to IT Projects which includes, facilitating plans and target dates for all IT projects.
- Provide equipment and Software Support for Annual Fundraiser and Events
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance and succession planning.
- Coordinate effective service delivery and/or successful project outcomes through appropriate planning, scheduling and direction of resources.
- Manage IT Services-specific systems, including support ticket system, asset management system, corporate knowledgebase, deployment tools
- Develop, implement and evaluate individual & team metrics to align with business objectives
- Provides Tier 3 end user support as needed and coverage for IT staff.
- Support and Train Staff on other Business Applications and third Party software as needed.
- Ensure efficient and effective operations for Accounting and Resource Development department by providing back-up support to Business Applications
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Investigate and troubleshoot escalated issues.
Help Desk\End Users Support
- Develop policies/procedures for helpdesk functions, including Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and individual/team metrics
- Manage IT Service Team helpdesk priorities, assignments and resources, including but not limited to, support tickets, user accounts, security permissions, phone systems, file restores, printer support, business systems, email issues, end user software, connectivity, desktop & laptop imaging & deployment.
- Monitor and coach on appropriate interaction and issue resolution to ensure optimal customer satisfaction
- Serve as Tier 3 point of contact for escalated customer issues/resolution
- Develop and manage employee learning tools/training programs to increase end user technical proficiency
- Work with leadership to set policies/best practices for security and systems access
- Manage organization-wide budgeting and purchasing activities for end user IT hardware and software procurement (current and future state). Coordinate with other departments/clubs for appropriate budget and invoice approvals.
- Purchasing efficient and cost-effective client and server-based devices and Software (PCs, laptops, printers, licenses, etc.). Negotiate prices with vendors.
- Perform capacity planning for company standard hardware and software
- Develop and implement procurement processes and standards for laptop & desktop computer models, LCD monitors, mobile devices, peripherals
- Oversee user hardware/software deployment lifecycle management, including software patches, O/S updates, software deployment, hardware upgrades & replacements
- Support and manage 3 party vendor relations for printer and copier hardware and support agreements
- Approve invoices for recurring IT-related contracts
Administer Office 365
- Design, implement and support Office 365 and related technologies including but not limited to, Exchange Online, Skype for Business Online, Active Directory, Directory Synchronization, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business and Azure AD
- Serve as primary O365 administrator, 300+ user environment
- Maintain PowerShell scripts used to manage\support the O365 environment
- Provide subject matter expertise for the migration effort from beginning to end
- Provide end-to-end root cause analysis and assistance for issues related to Office 365
- Engage with vendors where needed on complex incidents within the domain
- Assists in identifying and prioritizing remediation efforts for recurring issues
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Technical Staff, Service Center staff, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external groups and others to assist in resolving problems.
- Minimum of 5 plus years' experience with the maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting of various technology environments
- Comprehensive understanding of operating platforms, connectivity, security, and information management.
- Deep knowledge of Office 365 and Azure, Active Directory, DNS,
- Strong hands-on networking, firewalls, routing and switching experience
- Outstanding and proven communication at all levels within an organization, project management, and organizational skills required
- Successful completion of National Background check.
- Current Washington State Driver s License
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- MS Windows
- MS Windows Server including Active Directory
- Microsoft Office365
- Extensive network troubleshooting
- Cisco Hardware
- VOIP phone system
- Management of all company cell phones and remote devices.
- Certifications a plus: MCITP, CCNA, CISSP, and VCP
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
HOURS: The position is full time, 40 hours a week. Requires a flexible work schedule and can include regular evenings and weekend shifts.
This position requires travel throughout King County to provide onsite IT services to various company locations
All offers are contingent upon passing a thorough background check including a National Criminal History Background check.