Lead Software Engineer
Irving, TX 75038
Our client is looking for a Lead .NET Developer in Irving, TX for Permanent role. Here is the complete job description for your review please take a look and let me know your interest. Thank you
Job Title: Lead .NET Developer
Location: Irving, TX
Position type: Permanent
Lead Software Engineering is responsible for managing development and or maintenance of general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. The person in this role, leads full time developers and contractors, analyzes user needs, develop software solutions, designs software with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. The lead Software Engineer, will manage development of software products in tax preparation and financial advisory markets.
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below.
- To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads a team of full time and contract engineers. Usually 5-7 per team.
- Mentors and coaches the team members. Mentor SE1 and SE11s.
- Focuses on Personal Development and Career Goals for the team.
- Manages development of new software packages, performs upgrades and/or fixes to existing operating software packages.
- Collaborate with Accounting, Marketing and Product Managers to design, implement and test software applications.
- Respond to technical requests regarding assigned application or component.
- Remain up to date with the latest software and computer technology.
- Travel up to 20% as needed. Usually travels 1 time every 2-2/12 months for 1-2 days.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent in education and business experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years' custom software application development experience with 3-5 years as people manager. (2 years Management experience is fine)
- Experience with AWS development stack and development lifecycle tooling (Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, S3, Code Deploy, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft development stack and development lifecycle tooling (C#, ASP.NET MVC/Web API/WCF, SQL Server, Visual Studio, TFS).
- Experience in service-oriented architecture and frameworks (NServiceBus, Mass Transit), messaging (Rabbit MQ, MSMQ, Azure Service Bus/ Event Hub), and micro services -oriented patterns.
- Experience developing large scale enterprise Serverless applications
- Experience mentoring/coaching junior developers.
- Experience with C++, C++ 11/ MFC preferred.
- Experience building SaaS platforms is a huge plus.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies preferred.
- Experience with AWS or Azure is a plus
Contact: Imran Khan (913) 257-3377 Ext 191