Linux Systems Administrators - 3rd Shift
Atlanta, GA 30346
Linux Systems Administrator with Application Support. This is a 3rd shift position and the hours are 10: 00pm to 6: 00am on Tuesday - Saturday.
This 3rd shift position is responsible for providing the technical expertise and guidance in the Incident Management process and will be responsible for working within the Incident/Request queue, ensuring that the underlying cause of incidents is addressed and driving operational stability. This includes fulfilling user requests, resolving service failures, fixing problems as well as carrying out routine operational tasks for our business organizations.
This position provides leadership, guidance and service support during events/incidents in the Operations Command Center (OCC) and assists in recovery and process actions on emergency bridges, as well as ensure that all service level agreements (SLA) towards the customers are met, including assurances that incidents are resolved in a timely manner, with appropriate actions to mitigate business/customer impact and provides critical incidents receive a post incident review, intended to identify systemic and root cause issues which require resolution once the immediate impact is closed.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary
- Configure, monitor and maintain email applications or virus protection software
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Linux Systems Administration with experience in Application Support
- Troubleshooting the Application Stack / Network
- Middleware support is a plus
- 1-5 years experience required as a Linux Administrator
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage one s time
- Ability to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software as it relates to LAN/WAN configurations and end user support
- Associate degree in computer related field is desired.
- Bachelor degree in computer science preferred or Equivalent work experience
6 month Contract to Hire with 100K conversion salary