Mainframe System Programmer
Milwaukee, WI 53215
This is an 18 month contract position.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCAL TO MILWAUKEE, WI OR WILLING TO RELOCATE TO MILWAUKEE FOR THE DURATION OF THE PROJECT.
NO CORP-TO-CORP INQUIRIES PLEASE UNLESS YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL WHO IS INCORPORATED.
- Install, support, customize, test and implement Z/OS mainframe automation (Automation implementation is conducted during weekend maintenance windows)
- Assist with the development of solutions for operational problems
- Participate in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Tests
- Resolve request and incident tickets
- Participate in the on call rotation to provide after hours and weekend support
- Participate in proof of concept projects and evaluate automation products and make acquisitions recommendations to management
- Program mainframe solutions and provide support to programming teams in an Agile development environment
- Ensure performance to Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Create and maintain operational system documentation.
- IBM System Z (z/os) installation, operations, and planning skills
- Programming language experience (COBOL, CICS, C, Java, etc.)
- Light database experience (DB2, IMS, Oracle, SQL, etc.)
- engineering/analysis/operating/administration requirements
- Mainframe middleware engineering and support requirements (web servers, messaging, transaction managers, etc.)
- Intermediate to expert experience with mainframe systems engineering (online and batch skills, CICS MQ Series, support with integrations with other systems and production reporting overall system support)
- Experience working with in an IBM z/OS Sysplex environment.
- Superior knowledge of computer programming, with emphasis on IBM Mainframe systems software.
- Knowledge of IBM Mainframe applications and systems.
- Knowledge of complex banking applications and programming needs.
- VTAM, TCPIP, RACF SMS knowledge and other storage management skills
Contact: Deborah Laster | 214-705-1827 | deborahl@staffingtechnologies.Com