Manager Software Engineering
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Our client in Cedar Rapids IA is seeking a manager of software engineering for a permanent position. Our client has a suite of custom software products and is growing rapidly.
The person in this role leads full time developers and contractors, analyzes user needs, develops software solutions, and designs software with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Mentor and coach team members.
- Act as liaison for the Cedar Rapids Development team with teams in other locations
- Manage development of new software packages, performs upgrades and/or fixes to existing operating software packages.
- Collaborate with Accounting, Marketing and Product Managers to design, implement and test software applications.
- Respond to technical requests regarding assigned application or component.
- Remain up to date with the latest software and computer technology.
- Travel up to 25% as needed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent in education and business experience.
- Experience with Microsoft development stack and development life cycle tooling (C#, ASP.NET MVC/Web API/WCF, SQL Server, Visual Studio, TFS).
- Experience in service-oriented architecture and frameworks (NServiceBus, Mass Transit), messaging (Rabbit MQ, MSMQ, Azure Service Bus/ Event Hub), and microservices -oriented patterns a strong plus.
- Experience mentoring/coaching junior developers.
- Experience with C++, C++ 11/ MFC preferred.
- Experience building SaaS platforms is a huge plus.
- Experience with cloud platforms (MS Azure, AWS preferred)
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Minimum of 5-8 years' custom software application development experience with 3-5 years as people manager.
Contact: Deborah Laster 214-705-1827