Everett, WA 98203
Actively lead a designated portion of the manufacturing organization within a team-oriented and customer-focused environment. Responsible for: managing supervisors, organizing and controlling manpower, forecasting, meeting capacity and throughput expectations, meeting quality standards and driving continuous improvement. The manufacturing manager is also responsible for maintaining production within specific guidelines for efficiency, labor cost, product rework, and scrap.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee, plan and prioritize department activities and resources.
- Establish goals and improvement measures within respective area(s). Safety, product, process and procedural quality are departmental performance drivers.
- Actively participate in and sponsor LEAN initiatives throughout respective area(s).
- Develop, deploy, and sustain effective processes to ensure maximum utilization of material and people resources.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of teams and of processes.
- Continuously monitor and improve key metrics of labor efficiency, delivery performance, and first time quality (reducing scrap and customer returns).
- Develop and execute strategies that optimize the cycle time of each product in each production line
- Develop a responsive manufacturing organization with clearly defined authority, responsibility, and goals.
- Assist in attracting, hiring, developing, mentoring, and motivating all personnel.
- Identify training requirements and coordinate with Human Resources to provide necessary education for skills enhancement and job enrichment.
- Achieve and maintain open communication between employees and management.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to standardize work instructions, processes and improve tooling and equipment adequacy.
- Escalates issues as required.
- Review employee performance to assure that deserving employees are recognized and that underperforming employees are given the direction required to improve their performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note for level:
- Basic: Incumbent is able to use their knowledge/skill with support by more experienced individuals.
- Advanced: Incumbent is able to independently use their knowledge/skill.
- Expert: Incumbent is able to train others on their knowledge/skill.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated commitment to lifetime learning through reading, continuing education and/or acceptance of new assignments.
- 5 years successful management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience building a strong and positive team environment.
- Demonstrated success in employee relations and leadership.
- Previous experience managing and achieving budgetary requirements within a department.
- Previous experience recommending and initiating corrective actions.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Requirements
- Must be a United States Person
- ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), Political Asylee or Refugee
- Ability and comfort with accurately speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Demonstrated planning and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated team leader with the ability to lead and sustain improvement activities.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software program. Ability to be trained in usage of manufacturing applications.
- Willingness and ability to work any assigned work area.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of LEAN concepts and the drive for continuous improvement.
- Excellent responsiveness and customer focus.
- Strong motivational and team development skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None Required
List the supervisory responsibilities this position must perform; include the department or position titles responsible for and the level of authority exercised in performing the responsibilities.
Facilities Manager/EHS Coordinator, Manufacturing Supervisors & Tooling Tech A's.
- Person comes from Aerospace background
- Person needs to have a machine shop background
- Good understanding Lean principle.
- Self motivator and starter
- Person will be responsible for 3 supervisors (direct report) and 60 employees
- Must be strong with MS Excel and writing report and pivot tables
- Person will be high involved, understand outside customers and processing, energetic
- 5 -8 years of recent management experience. Please don't send candidates that have 15 plus years.
- Must have bachelors' degree
- Strong analytic and technical skills to talk to engineers, CNC Lathes Programmers and Machinist.
- Strong ERP system knowledge and experience.
- Day to Day: In the office, walk around the shop, run meetings with management teams and interact with employees guiding and setting direction.
- Strong Problem solving skills,
- Bonus: 10% of overall annual salary
- Will do a sign on bonus depending on the talent.
- Three most important must have: Tech Savvy, Strong People Skills and Lean Practice
- Confidential Search, replacing current manager because is not technical and does not have strong people skills.
- Interview process: Meet with Rachel Kosmin and Executive Leadership team.