Chicago, IL 60606
- Responsible for the engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance and upgrade of technologies necessary to support the services provided by the company.
- Provide technical support to customers and departments/users.
- Review and resolve anomalies that are broad and potentially service impacting. Escalate to appropriate resource or management if necessary.
- Research, evaluate and recommend hardware and software solutions.
- Act as an escalation point for customer issues.
- Administer and support the following network storage devices: EMC, Nimble, Tegile.
- Plan the implementation activities prior to the installation and/or configuration of technical solutions.
- Implement and support technology solutions, such as CUCM, ASA firewalls, routers and switches, VMWare environments, UCS environments, and more, in accordance with best practices and company policies.
- Specialize in one or more areas of concentration including but not limited to Networking, Security, Collaboration, Virtualization, Storage, Software, Datacenters, and Systems Architecture.
- Serve as a liaison with customers, vendors and other third-party providers.
- Attend product education conferences on an as needed basis.
- Obtain and maintain technical certifications such as CCNP, CCNA, ASE, and VCP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- At least 2 years of experience with Cisco routing and switching technologies is required.
- Experience in any of the areas indicated below is highly desired:
- Firewalls: Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet.
- IPSEC VPNs and DMVPN.
- Cisco Firepower and Cisco WSA.
- Cisco CUCM, Jabber, SME, and Expressway.
- Familiarity with SD-WAN solutions: Talari or Silverpeak.
- Cisco configuration and troubleshooting skills across multiple platforms including: Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco CUCM, and Cisco wireless solutions is preferred.
- CCNA and/or CCNP certification preferred.