Quality Assurance Manager
Cedar Rapids, IA
Our rapidly growing client is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager for a permanent position in Cedar Rapids IA.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for overseeing a test team of approximately 5 to 10 testers, including remote contract resources, as well as consultants. This position supports the development of procedures and process that will facilitate a tight integration of test with the overall project efforts so that Analysis/Design, Development & Test are one highly integrated unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Collaborate with Development, IT, Product Managers, Information Security and Business Partners.
• Mentors and coaches team members.
• Acts as a Cedar Rapids site leader for the Quality Assurance team.
• Acts as a liaison for the Cedar Rapids QA team with teams in other locations.
• Focuses on personal development and career goals for team members.
• Ensures that employees are engaged and works to address any issues or blockers to improve employee engagement
• Actively participate in the entire product life cycle including product specification reviews, design reviews and user acceptance testing.
• Support the entire test and certification process by getting involved early in the product development cycle and managing areas of ownership through product release.
• Ensure there are comprehensive functional tests for the company applications that the team supports. Lead to develop and maintain detailed test plans from all relevant product artifacts including UI designs, detailed specifications, technical specs and use cases.
• Ensure test execution results (both automated and manual) are properly captured for historical review. Capture and report test execution metrics regularly to management.
• Ensure team submits application defects into defect tracking system and they verify fixes when they are available. Capture and report defect metrics regularly to management.
• Set standards and lead the creation and reporting of project metrics. This includes test coverage and overall confidence information that would be shared with the business.
• Develop and execute automated test scripts as required. Automate where it makes business sense and where test cases exist.
• Research and recommend new test tools and testing techniques.
• Participate in team reviews (i.E., lessons learned) and provide guidance
• Release planning - work together with Software Engineering and IT leadership to define scope of work, timeline and resource allocation
• Review & approve all test cases & entries in defect tracking database to ensure team is producing high quality work.
• Ensure releases are properly packaged and tested (i.E., installers, zip files, release notes & notifications).
• Create and/or provide oversight in accurate work estimates and counsel associates (if appropriate) where estimates are not met.
• Working with the Director, QA, help to establish the vision for test environments, implement and maintain them (i.E., Dev, QA, Pre-Production) and ensure there is support for concurrent versions/development (i.E., production version and major version under dev/test).
• Ensure compliance to all security and compliance requirements across the SDLC and test environments.
• Conduct root cause analysis of defects/issues and instill continuous improvement mindset.
• Working with the Director, QA, to help to standardize all tools utilized within QA team.
• Travel up to 25% as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 6 or more years in a technology organization with 3 or more years in a management role managing individual contributors conducting testing on critical projects or programs.
• Experience working in an Agile / scrum environment, and having QA resources embedded on scrum teams
• Experience developing automated test scripts.
• Understanding of test methodologies (regression, functional, unit, integration, code coverage, performance, etc.)
• 3 - 4 years' experience with test automation tools and techniques required; Microsoft and related tools preferred (C#, Selenium with C#)
• Experience with SQL a plus.
• A proven track record of leading and managing multiple projects simultaneously and managing to results.
• Experience analyzing manual testing process and assess suitability for automation.
• Proven track record of delivering quality products.
Contact: Deborah Laster 214-705-1827