Ruby on Rails Developer
Euless, TX 76039
The Lead Software Engineer will lead full lifecycle software development for the web and mobile applications. You will work side by side with business analysts, product managers, and key business stakeholders to quickly deliver solutions in an agile environment. The engineer has experience building web applications from scratch and is comfortable in making architecture decisions. The engineer will develop full-stack product features, and has the drive for building robust solutions.
Essential Job Functions
- Working closely with our Business Units to support, develop, and implement scalable, robust software solutions.
- Design, develop, document and maintain the software architecture in collaboration with our IT team and business units.
- Provide technical leadership and define, develop, and evolve software using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
- Translate requirements into design, and deliver to required timelines and quality standards.
- Determine and create a detailed design for each assigned code modules.
- 5+ years Ruby on Rails.
- 6+ Years of building scalable web applications in commercial production environments
- 2+ years of experience as a full stack developer working with Angular.Js, HTML, CSS, and PostgreSQL
- Experience working in an AWS cloud environment
- Strong understanding of distributed service architecture
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Knowledge of Java and Java web applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with offshore resources
Education and Experience
- 6+ years of work experience.
- Bachelor s degree preferred.