Senior Applications Analyst/Engineer
Arlington, TX 76011
Senior Applications Analyst/Engineer
Our client designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, they is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Our client participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain - from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft - from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The Sr. Applications Engineer/Analyst serves as the technical subject matter expert for implementing, maintaining, improving, and resolving issues supporting various manufacturing systems, including Quality Engineering Management (QMS), Operations, Environmental/Safety & Health (ESH), and other related systems in a Microsoft Windows environment.
This role will have overall ownership of the QMS and ESH manufacturing systems specifically and will be responsible for developing technical requirements and ensuring the appropriate configuration and delivery of the solution, which includes all phases- functional/technical requirements, testing including UAT, integration, performance, and implementation planning while following established PM methodologies.
The role will consult and advise leadership on strategy, solutions, 'best design' across various manufacturing roadmaps, including Quality and Environmental/Safety & Health.
Successful candidates will be resourceful, confident under pressure, have strong technical acumen and be expected to handle ambiguous assignments. This role will be expected to solve problems and lead the functional discipline from a technical perspective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of business systems, processes and process improvement.
- Architect & design manufacturing solutions supporting the various functional roadmaps
- Develop project technology strategy by understanding key client objectives; diagnosing and mapping client requirements; and articulating solution risks and barriers
- Configuration, administration and ongoing continuous improvement of the assigned systems
- Set-up and manage data integrity and auditing procedures
- Identify and gather necessary information from management team to ensure proper configuration of the system(s).
- Scope and assist in the integration work with systems outside of the functional area to gain more efficiencies
- Responsibility for supporting vendor applications on client servers, including installing, patching, trouble shooting, upgrades, etc. As needed in a Windows environment.
- Identify and setup user roles and user accounts to ensure effective and secure access control in accordance to SOX requirements.
- Monitor project activities and schedules to ensure timely implementation and system cut over.
- Identify report requirements, document, design and monitor development.
- Ability to perform 'root cause analysis' of data/systems issues within assigned applications; implement corrections/changes as appropriate
- Identify procedural changes and establish new work flow options and procedures in accordance with the Steering Committee's direction.
- Monitor project activities and progress of all participants including outside vendors and consultants.
- Post implementation support of all functional end-users.
- Other various duties as necessary or assigned.
- Outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills that translate well in a matrix environment
- Train employees and assist or undertake the writing of instructional procedures, user guides and systems documentation as needed.
- Provide ongoing end-user support to various manufacturing functional areas assigned.
- Personalized customer service skills
- Be able to troubleshoot data and system usage problems.
- Help to identify corrective actions then support implementation of improved practices or systems
- Work with the management team to identify opportunities for improvements to the existing business practices, processes and tools.
- Lead new IT initiatives and process improvements enabled by various manufacturing software tools.
- BS in Business or Computer Science
- Minimum of 8-10 years' experience with, information technology, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years IT application support experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with a Quality Engineering Management System- vendor or custom
- Experience with Q pulse a plus
- Experience with ERP systems a plus
- Experience with enterprise wide systems a plus
- Requires excellent communication, analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills, data process modeling, knowledge of competition, industry happenings and understanding of the company's transformation
- Ability to manage supporting staff and contractor support as required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; including data analytics
- Solid understanding of data structures and data relationships
- Presentation and communication to all levels of the company including Executive level
- Project management skills
Please contact: Pamela Pace 214-705-1859