Senior Digital Design (FPGA) Engineer
Redmond, WA 98052
Senior Staff Digital Design (FPGA) Engineer
Greater Seattle area/Eastside
***No H1B candidates please***
Our client is the creator of a scanning technology, an ultra-miniature laser projection and sensing solution based on the laser beam scanning methodology pioneered by the company. The company s platform approach for this advanced display and sensing solution means that it can be adapted to a wide array of applications and form factors. It is an advanced solution for a rapidly evolving, always-on world. Extensive research has led the company to become an independently recognized leader in the development of intellectual property.
Our client currently seeks an individual to join our team in the role of Sr. Staff Digital Design (FPGA) Engineer in their Product Engineering team. This individual will have role and responsibility that involves:
- Create, design and develop laser projection and 3D sensing products involving digital logic and firmware domains.
- Perform product design and prototyping utilizing FPGA devices and Micro Controllers (MCUs)
- Implement design ideas and concepts, including FPGA design (RTL coding, simulation, debug and system test) and Firmware Design (MCUs and DSPs)
- Develop detailed test plans suitable for verification of design robustness.
- Organize, structure and deliver design documentation packages to document control system.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Proficient with RTL design (Verilog coding) and timing closure
- Exposure or experience with embedded firmware development in C or C++
- Solid communication and problem solving skills, ability to understand complex systems and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
Demonstrated Experience in FPGA Design; RTL / FPGA development. Extensive VHDL/Verilog coding.
- Experience in FPGA Design Flow
o Logic Simulation/Tools: e.G. Modelsim
o FPGA Tools: e.G. Xilinx ISE and Vivado tools
- Additional Preferred Experience
- Experience with image and video processing
- Real Time Embedded systems analysis and simulation using CAE tools (e.G. MATLAB)
- Knowledge and experience of interconnect/communications standards and protocols, such as USB, 12C, UART and SPI
- Solid understanding of memory interfaces (DDR-SDRAM, SRAM, Flash)
- Experience with Video standards and interfaces (HDMI, LVDS, Rec 709, MIPI),