Senior Information Systems Analyst
Garland, TX 75040
This is a contract-to-hire position with our client located in Garland TX. Our client has a great work-life balance, and upon conversion, an excellent benefit package including a pension plan.
U.S. Citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor.
Responsible for maintaining and improving application delivery and support information systems, including requirements analysis, product evaluation and negotiation, application implementation and ongoing technology support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze and understand the operations of various departments as required, and to assist with strategic planning.
• Coordinate with departmental representatives to help develop and justify requests for IT services.
• Present and coordinate proposed business solutions and high-level technology specifications to departments, vendors, contractors, pertinent stakeholders and Management.
• Provide support to assist departments to determine the best business solution.
• Present proposed business designs and high-level technology specifications to the IT Architecture team.
• Support the architecture team to determine the best technology solution.
• Architect process definitions and process models by interpreting business rules and translating them to technology.
• Provide subject matter expertise support for assigned applications and departments.
• Analyze customer support issues and coordinate internal resources, consultants, and/or vendor to provide resolution.
• Research, test, analyze and coordinate the repair of complex software issues with the providers.
• Analyze new service requests from departments.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related area of study
• 5-7 years' experience in applications support, relational databases and customer service interface
• SDLC experience (preferred)
• ITIL V3 Foundations Certification (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of client/server application delivery, support issues and processes
• Knowledge of application design, software and operations
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications i.E. MSCRM Dynamics, MSSQL Enterprise Manager, MSCE
• Excellent customer service skills
• Skill in communication both verbally and in writing
• Experience in report design and queries for assigned application i.E. Crystal Reports, Cognos, Power BI
• Experience in Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Ability to research and document workflow
• Skill in interpreting technical diagrams and procedures
• Ability to research issues and develop solutions
• Ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet customer service deadlines
Contact: Deborah Laster 214-705-1827