Senior Manager, DevOps
Farmers Branch, TX 75234
Seeking a high-energy, results oriented Senior DevOps Manager to lead a team of DevOps Engineers that support the software engineering team.
This is a direct hire position.
U.S. Citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor. NO CORP-TO-CORP INQUIRIES PLEASE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team responsible for the deployment and monitoring of application and associated infrastructure.
- Maintain and build cloud infrastructure operating on Amazon Web Services (AWS), with a focus on making it agile, scalable and secure.
- Recommend and implement best practices for application support in production environments.
- Coach and guide DevOps team members
Bachelor s Degree and 8+ years of equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of Software Engineering experience in a related position, managing enterprise systems organization.
- 5+ years of experience managing teams of DevOps, database, and systems engineers.
- 8+ years of batch scripting experience, running ad-hoc queries, troubleshooting, and managing Database Objects in SQL or other DBMS.
- Advanced experience working with AWS or other cloud computing and infrastructures.
- Experience deploying software packages in both VM and physical boxes using automated CM tools.
- Experience working within change management procedures and compliance.
- Ability to assist in authoring Physical and Logical Architecture Diagrams/Flows, proficiency in Visio.
- Prior vendor management experience.
- Experience with Source Control tools and container technology experience.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity experience.
- Linux OS
- Shell scripting (grep, awk etc)
- AWS (Must)
- Chef/Puppet/Ansible Huge Plus
- Java, Webapp Huge Plus
- Docker/Kubernetes Huge Plus