Senior Oracle Systems Administrator with Cloud experience - this is NOT an Oracle DBA position - Full-time
Irving, TX 75038
ur Irving TX client, who has been named in the top 100 places to work in Dallas, has an opening for a Senior Oracle Systems Administrator (NOT a DBA). This is a full-time position with annual salary, bonus, and benefits.
U.S. Citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor.
You will support the implementation and ongoing operations of system modernization efforts including evaluation, recommendation, planning, installing, testing, and maintaining the system software and hardware necessary to support the Oracle EBS environment. The Systems Administrator will work closely with business representatives to ensure system modernization efforts are completed accurately and on time.
- Bachelor's degree required; consideration given for related technical experience.
- Minimum of 10 years experience required evaluating, designing, and administering large, scalable enterprise systems, including Disaster Recovery.
- At least five (5) years experience in architecting and administering multiple environments (Dev through Prod). Consideration given for demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Expertise in the Administration of Oracle Engineered Systems: Exadata and Private Cloud Appliance (PCA)
- Expertise in Oracle ZFS usage across Exadata and PCA
- Expertise in Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) and Oracle VM Manager (OVM).
- Knowledge of Exadata providing Oracle 12c and above database, RAC/clustering, Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Data Guard replication.
- Proficiency in Oracle Grid Control, OEM and RMAN backup and recovery techniques Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting
- Deep understanding of Oracle Multi-tenant architecture Experience with Oracle EBS administration
- Advanced knowledge of Networking and/or Infrastructure technologies.
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management and Version Control concepts.
- Provides administration, maintenance and strategy of company's Oracle Exadata and Private Cloud Appliance (PCA) Engineered Systems and Oracle ZFS storage appliances.
- Responsible for administration, maintenance and strategy of Oracle Enterprise Linux and Oracle Virtualization Manager (OVM)
- Responsible for backup, recovery and DR/BC management and compliance; design and implement advanced replication strategies.
- Ensure system availability through proactive monitoring, alerting and collaboration with Oracle Support and Field Engineers.
- Maintain platform and OS version and patching standards
- Develop and utilize automation tools and scripts for process improvement and automation.
- Plan and direct projects to ensure high availability.
- Provide on call support on a rotating basis.
- Document systems policies and procedures.
Contact: Deborah Laster 214-705-1827