Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack Engineer)
Santa monica, CA 90409
Are you passionate about building great user experiences or high-performance microservices? Are you up for a diverse set of challenges? Do you want to have global impact? If so, you've come to the right place.
In the New Content & Distribution (NCD) team, our mission is to empower League of Legends players to truly own their game experience. We deliver the in-client store, loot and game flows that enable players to unlock their favorite champions, skins, emotes and more. Our roadmap is stacked with awesome content and features.
NCD is a multidisciplinary team and we are looking for passionate people to level-up our org. Our crew is made up of artists, designers, engineers, product managers, delivery managers, QA analysts, and data scientists. Our tech spans from 2D/3D artist tools and game engine development, to UI and microservices that scale to handle hundreds of millions of players around the world.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you'll contribute in one or more of the following key areas depending on your interests, experience and skill set:
- Develop UI on the League Client
- Design and enhance League microservices
- Lead architecture requirements and design
- Write unit and integration tests
- Code reviews
- Enhance build and deployment tooling
- Improve product visibility through monitoring and alerting
In time, you'll provide mentorship to other engineers, create and develop documentation for ongoing support, and participate in an on-call rotation to provide support and maintain high availability for our products and services.
We look for engineers with subject matter expertise in developing consumer facing web UI, building RESTful services or backend tooling. Ideal candidates will have experience creating feature-rich apps and/or deploying services in high-volume, highly-available environments. We are open to engineers from a variety of backgrounds, but having strong CS fundamentals is a must. You take ownership and are capable of end-to-end delivery. You strive for high-quality and you understand how to monitor and fine-tune systems for performance.
- Player focused. Players are the reason we get to do what we do, so every one of us at Riot is a player advocate, promoter of player value and quick to address player concern.
- Passionate about learning. You strive to be your best and you value environments that foster creativity, growth and personal excellence.
- Community minded. You embrace your role in the community. You aim to connect players of all backgrounds across the globe through their shared passion for games.
- Agile. You live and breathe continuous delivery and continuous improvement. You are fluent in agile development and sprint rituals, skilled in sizing, prioritizing and delivering on user stories.
- Communicative. Communication is key to our success. You are someone who seeks to clarify goals and expectations. You hit meetings on time, stay on top of emails, team chat, and keep peers up-to-date. You encourage critical feedback and discussion.