Sr BI Developer [EXPJP00002633]
Bellevue, WA 98004
We are looking for talented software engineers to join our big data services development team. Your past experience matters, but more important to us is what you can do going forward. If you are technically talented and have the tenacity to build upon your current skill set, then we want to talk to you. The ideal candidate has both a willingness and desire to work in a dynamic environment, is able to apply Agile methodologies in day-to-day activities, and is a self-motivated developer who mentors and shares knowledge.Experience in: Experience in AWS technologies such as EC2, Cloud formation, EMR, AWS S3, AWS Analytics required Big data related AWS technologies like HIVE, Presto, Hadoop required. Experience with SQL and PL/SQL required AWS certification is preferable: AWS Developer/DevOps/Big Data Functional knowledge of Java, Python.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients.
- Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain.
- Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports.
- Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule.
- Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Follows software development methodology.
- Follows architecture standards
- Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues.
- Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation
- Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.G., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables, including the Version Description Document.
- Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.G., systems testers, test plans).
- On small teams, the developer may write these items
- Understands client business functions and technology needs.
- Understands Vanguard's tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones.
- Complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge of the following development practices and concepts
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
- Use case standardso Systems analysis and design techniquesSystem/subsystem requirementso Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards