Sr DevOps Engineer
Bellevue, WA 98004
Our client is building intelligent software to help fortune 500 companies comply with privacy regulations related to their customers, vendors and employees personal information.
As a backend engineer, the candidate will be part of an extremely talented engineering team responsible for building the backend software that powers. The software needs to be capable of analyzing petabytes of information and returning extremely cogent business insights.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer with superior cloud computing, deployment automation, network, server, storage and coding experience. In this role, you ll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems; help automate and streamline our operations and processes; build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations; and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- 5+ years work experience in a DevOps role
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Excellent knowledge in Shell Scripting
- A working understanding of code and script
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn how to install and configure wide variety of systems, like relational databases, big data systems, message buses, etc.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- B.S. In Computer Science or other Engineering degree
- Experience operating and troubleshooting a Windows production environment
- Experience working with Azure or Hadoop
- Experience working with RabbitMQ
- Experience working with Maven and Nexus
- Experience working with Node.Js releng facilities
- Experience working with Jenkins
- Ability to program in at least one programming language (ASP/ASP.Net/VB/VB.Net//C/C++/C#.NET/Java)