Bellevue, WA 98005
Our client in Bellevue, Washington is seeking a Sr. Buyer/Planner
Supply Chain focal point for the support and introduction of New Products.
Perform general buyer functions as necessary on released products
Plan and procure turnkey products
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Position of extreme trust requiring a high level of judgment, confidentiality and ethics.
- General knowledge and experience in the electronics manufacturing industry including PCBA assembly and test, PCB fabrication, electronic component distribution.
- Interface with Product Development Teams to insure material availability to support prototype builds through IPR and product launch.
- Initial support for new parts and components for supplier selection, price, availability, etc.
- Typical Supplier includes Component Distributors, Representative Organizations and Manufacturers that supply variety of electronic components and Manufacturing Services Providers.
- Supply Chain risk assessment including development of mitigation strategies and implementation plans.
- High level of experience, knowledge and competency of the electronics manufacturing industry.
- Develops and implements the capability and necessary systems to ensure adequate supply of material
- Ability to scale supply chain capability to meet increasing product demand
- Application of lean principles to streamline and eliminate waste within the Supply Chain
- Develop, foster and maintain partnering relationships with Suppliers
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills which requires independent analysis and judgment along with ability to lead problem resolution and implementation of corrective action
- Effective interface and influence within and outside the organization
- Ability to be self-managed in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- Receive customer forecasts and convert to build plans in ERP system or provide to EMS provider in excel format
- Work closely with customer or sales and marketing to gather data (Ship History, Ship Forecast, Lead Time to produce) and provide appropriate forecast updates.
- Provide ship status to inform customer service or end use that shipments have been made.
- Occasionally, additional work hours maybe required to meet business objectives
- Occasional driving for company business maybe required
- General PC skills utilizing corporate level systems and various SW applications
- Requires thorough knowledge of company business processes, policies and procedures
- Participate collaboratively with other team members
- Support the implementation of the corporate vision, mission and shared values
- Other tasks and responsibilities as necessary
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS Diploma, BA, BS and industry certifications
- Entry thru 8 years experience