Sr. Electrical Engineer
Redmond, WA 98052
Sr. Staff Electrical Engineer
Greater Seattle Area/ Eastside
***No H1B candidates please ***
Our client is the creator of an awesome scanning technology, an ultra-miniature laser projection and sensing solution based on the laser beam scanning methodology pioneered by the company. Their platform approach for this advanced display and sensing solution means that it can be adapted to a wide array of applications and form factors. It is an advanced solution for a rapidly evolving, always-on world. Extensive research has led the company to become an independently recognized leader in the development of intellectual property.
As a key member of the company s Electronics Platform engineering team, you will work directly with the company electronics design engineers as well as with the company Software, Systems, MEMS, and Mechanical engineering teams. This position will provide electronic hardware analysis, design and development for small embedded products.
- Create, design and develop laser projection products involving analog, digital and firmware domains.
- Develop algorithms to control complex non-linear devices, such as MEMS Scanners and laser diodes.
- Perform product emulation and prototyping using FPGA devices.
- Implement design ideas and concepts, including all phases of FPGA design; RTL coding, simulation, debug and system test.
- Develop detailed test plans suitable for verification of design robustness.
- ( FPGA/ASIC/Analog functionality)
- Organize, structure and deliver design documentation packages into document control system.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of sampled data systems.
- Real-time Embedded systems design and simulation using CAE tool (ie. MATLAB).
- Algorithm development. Basic knowledge of DSP: Fourier Transforms, Digital Filters (FIR, IIR).
- Understanding of PID control systems.
- Analog & mixed signal circuit design. (analog and digital filter design).
- Embedded firmware development.
- Experience in FPGA Design. Digital circuit design; RTL / FPGA development.
- Experience with Logic Simulation/Tools: e.G. Modelsim.
- Knowledge and experience of interconnect/communication standards & protocols, such as I2C, USB, UART, and SPI.
- Demonstrated electronics engineering breadth in working in a development environment with products that incorporate high speed digital (FPGA devices) low level and high bandwidth analog (amplifiers, drivers, receivers) and embedded.
- Solid communication and problem solving skills, ability to understand complex systems and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.