Sr. FPGA Engineer
Redmond, WA 98052
Sr. FPGA Engineer
Greater Seattle area/Eastside
No H1B candidates please
Our client is the creator of a scanning technology, an ultra-miniature laser projection and sensing solution based on the laser beam scanning methodology pioneered by the company. The technology is well suited to support a wide array of applications including interactive projection, 3D LiDAR sensing for applications such as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), robotic sensing applications, and Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR). The company is an independently recognized leader for its formidable intellectual property portfolio. The company is based in Redmond, Washington.
They have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Senior FPGA Engineer. As a member of the company s Product Engineering team, you will collaborate with various technical teams in the company to design and take into production market defining 3D depth sensing products that will help enable the wave of semi and fully autonomous vehicles on the horizon.
- Create, design and develop time-of-flight 3D sensing products involving digital logic and firmware domains.
- Perform product design and prototyping of designs incorporating FPGA and System-on-Chip devices.
- Implement design ideas and concepts, including FPGA design (RTL coding, simulation, debug and system test)
- Develop detailed test plans suitable for verification of design robustness.
- Organize, structure and deliver design documentation packages to document control system.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Expert-level proficiency with RTL design and timing closure.
- Solid communication and problem-solving skills, ability to understand complex systems and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Demonstrated experience in FPGA Design; RTL/FPGA development.
- Extensive VHDL and/or Verilog coding.
- Experience in FPGA Design Flow.
- Experience logic simulation tools like ModelSim.
- Experience with FPGA toolchains like Xilinx ISE and/or Vivado.
- Real Time Embedded systems analysis and simulation using CAE tools like MATLAB.
- Solid understanding of high-speed interfaces like DDR4, PCIe Gen 3, 10GbE and USB 3.1.
- Experience with display and camera interfaces like HDMI, MIPI CSI-2/3 and MIPI DSI.
- Experience porting C/C++ software algorithms into a FPGA implementation.
- Experience porting MATLAB software algorithms into a FPGA implementation.
- Experience with embedded firmware development in C/C++.
- Experience with automotive and/or spaceflight qualified electronic hardware.
- Experience with technology productization involving fields such as computer vision, graphics, robotics, and machine learning.
- 5+ years of related experience in product development and launch.