Sr. Network Engineer
Snoqualmie, WA 98029
Our client is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer, Full Time in the Bellevue area.
- Provide technical expertise to perform network architecture development, design, and test efforts for research and development group. Design networking solutions and be able to present the data to influence design.
- Perform functional, cost-benefit and risk analysis to support design changes.
- Support of various internal R&D Networks including:
- Planning, engineering, forecasting, implementing, and identifying resource requirements for complex network systems.
- Perform COTS hardware and software integration and test.
- Provide security sensitive solutions for advanced WAN, LAN, and converged network technologies.
- Provide ongoing network performance feedback; may conduct investigations at customer sites in order to diagnose and troubleshoot product issues.
- Work directly with the R&D staff to implement various network environments, collect data to direct decisions or support directions
- Recommend enhancements to the network operations and design where appropriate.
- Working with a small team, utilize your creative expertise to develop IP and advance innovation in product development.
- Document and coordinate the communication of changes, technical and procedural, that affect the end user community.
- Document the design and implementation of network solutions.
- Develop and track metrics, benchmarks and success criteria to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of various network implementations.
- Uphold the Company s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor s Degree in computer science or related field.
- 10+ years direct experience required with:
- Implementing, trouble shoot and testing complex networks. Design and topology work.
- WAN routing concepts and equipment.
- LAN concepts and technology, including L2/L3 Switches, VLANs and structured cabling concepts and practices.
- Network security, both implementing and troubleshooting.
- With associated network technologies, including IDS/IPS systems, stateful firewalls, and network access control systems.
- Encryption technologies.
- Implementing network management tools and associated technologies.
- Converged network concepts and related technology.
- Implementing and troubleshooting Wireless network technology.
- Network Switch configuration and test.
- Mainstream operating systems MS, iOS, Mac, Linux, Android.
- Cisco iOS.
- Virtualization experience is preferred.
- Ability to work directly with customers, service, marketing and other engineers.
- Must be able to work in a time-critical environment and be decisive when faced with complex problems.
- Experience leading and training other individuals.
- Experience with wireless controllers (Cisco) and Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine).
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in dealing at all levels of a global network organization.
- Be willing to work outside normal business hours to accomplish upgrades and maintenance with minimal effect upon productivity.