Allentown, PA 18101
This is at least a 12 month contract and will get extended one year at a time. The manager said he sees it lasting at least 2-3 years.
Manager is willing to look at out of town candidates. He will do a phone and then a skype interview. He is willing to hire from a skype interview.
- Utility experience is a MUST
- An engineering background is required
- Protection and Control Design
- Protection Settings Evaluation
- SCADA Design & Programming (Both PLC & Microprocessor based OrionLX)
- Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) utilizing GE JungleMux equipment
- Review current standards and look for areas of improvement. This information should be communicated with the Relay Engineering leadership team.
- Research and benchmark industry trends and new technologies. This information should be communicated with the Relay Engineering leadership team.
- Respond to material issues on projects as it relates to standard specifications and proposed alternatives.
- Ensure revisions to standards are properly documented and communicated to Relay Engineering department and impacted project teams.
- Assist the project teams with any standard challenges which may occur during construction.
- Responsible for developing a decision evaluation matrix when evaluating items which affects scope, budget, and cost of projects.
- Visit manufacturer facilities, when requested and along with supply chain, to review and accept new protection and control products.