Our client s seeking a System Administrator for a 6+ month contract with potential to be converted to a permanent employee. Our client has a great work/life balance, an enjoyable working environment, and when converted to a permanent employee, the benefits are second to none.
Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the availability of network services for the client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1) Build, install and configure, and support servers in a physical and virtual environment.
2) Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain server operating systems and application software.
3) Design, installation, migration, maintenance and operations support for infrastructure hardware and applications.
4) Manage system growth through effective capacity planning and timely recommendations for upgrades.
5) Determine standards and policies for access to network services.
6) Plan and implement expansion and upgrade of network architecture, network systems and applications.
7) Monitor and fine tune system performance. Oversee infrastructure hardware, operating system, and application patch maintenance.
8) Create and maintain documentation of enterprise infrastructure topology and system configurations.
9) Assist with IT and ad hoc projects as determined by business need.
10) Participate in on-call support after-hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
11) Mentor and train junior staff.
v Four-year college degree
v 4 years related experience designing, deploying, and maintaining Windows 2003 or later server environments
v Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
vBachelors Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science or related area of study
v6 years or more IT experience in an environment supporting Microsoft Windows with more than 100 production servers
v4 years or more IT experience in an environment supporting a Microsoft Exchange email environment
v3 years or more IT experience in an environment supporting Citrix XenApp
v3 years or more IT experience in an environment supporting Linux (or similar) operating system
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
v Comprehensive knowledge of VMWare Virtual Infrastructure
v Comprehensive knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7 and later operating systems
v Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience designing, deploying, and maintaining Windows Server 2008R2 and later environment, including Active Directory and IIS
v Intermediate understanding of networking technologies and protocols
v Skill in utilizing Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
v Skill in operating What's Up Gold Network Monitoring Software or comparable
v Skill in CommVault backup software or comparable
v Ability to operate under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines
v Ability to communicate clearly on varying levels of technological knowledge
v Ability to gather, analyze and organize information
v Ability to create, read, analyze and interpret technical diagrams and written procedures
Contact: Pamela Pace 214-705-1859