Systems Analyst II - contract
Chicago, IL 60606
Our client in Chicago (Loop - zip code 60606) is seeking 4 Systems Analysts for a 12 month contract. This is similar to a Tier 2 or 3 help desk position.
Interview: in person
Flexibility to work 4 days a week in 10 hour shifts either morning or evening. Candidates must work on site.
Our client is seeking top notch, high energy, and positive candidates to help them meet their increasing growth and demand in the online grocery delivery market. Their growing company currently has opportunities for professional and experienced individuals to fill the role of IT Systems Analyst II on their established Service Delivery team. The Analyst would be the first level point of contact for their internal clients with all questions and problems related to computer/system issues.
They are looking for Analysts to join their 24x7 team and would be responsible for providing technical and troubleshooting assistance related to hardware, software, mobile devices, and other technical platforms implemented. This position has responsibility across the domain and requires a strong knowledge in Infrastructure, Operations, and distributed computing/applications. The qualified candidates will also assist in the business continuity, disaster recovery, and IT compliance objectives set forth by the management team.
- Responsible for resolution of technical issues involving production applications (e.G. Network outages, failed applications, hardware failures)
- Support tools/applications to ensure all steps for error recovery have been performed in an effort to resolve reported problems prior to escalating to second level support groups
- Understand the mechanical systems, software relations, differences, and other functionalities in the appropriate warehouses and shares knowledge with other teams and vendors
- Gather detailed information during triage and utilize logical problem-solving skills and techniques to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
- Produce and maintain high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Manage and triage all calls opened by self or other team members while prioritizing business impacting issues over day to day end user issues
- Escalate complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups or vendors for resolution
- Collaborate with system administrators, network administrators, developers and other internal teams and vendors to maintain appropriate tools, monitoring, reporting and site metrics to track needs and trends for support, issues and capacity changes
- Write technical documentation for all new systems and processes that affect Infrastructure Environments, as well as train other team members and end users
- Flexibility to work 4 days a week in 10 hour shifts both AM and PM as directed by management.
- Associate degree or bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 to 2 years Customer Service experience, or equivalent
- 1 to 2 year of technical experience
- CompTIA A+ and/or Network + certification preferred (but not required)
- Basic understanding of network hardware and software
- Excellent patience, interpersonal and guest service skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows 10, Windows 7, Microsoft O365, Citrix, and MAC O/S
- Enjoy working with people and place high importance on internal client service satisfaction
- Must be detail oriented
- CompTIA A+ and/or CompTIA Network+ Certification
- MAC O/S and Windows knowledge
- Knowledge/Experience with Ticket Tracking Systems
- Warehouse IT Operation Support experience
- Intermediate knowledge of the Linux OS
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge of Citrix/NetScaler
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Support
- O365/Gmail collaborative platforms
- Familiarity with (but not required) Jira/Atlassian/Slack/PagerDuty/Site 24x7/Icinga/SolarWinds/APM solutions.
- Documentation/Technical Writing Skills
Contact: Deborah Laster 214-705-1827