Technical Lead, QA Automation
If your passion is leading the development of Automated Testing Strategies, frameworks, and automated testing solutions for websites, mobile technology, backend systems and databases then this is the position for you.
This is a contract-to-hire position with our client in Addison, TX. U.S. Citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply. NO CORP-TO-CORP INQUIRIES PLEASE.
An in person interview is required, so only local candidates will be considered.
The Technical Lead QA Automation Developer works with senior developers, QA developers, and business analysts in a highly collaborative, fast paced, Agile delivery environment. This position is a key thought leader and innovator regarding Automated Testing, and will leverage your skills to develop automated testing solutions which enable rapid delivery of software with the highest levels of quality.
- Provide thought leadership on current best practices for QA Automation, and lead development of a best in class automated testing strategy and framework to test products and systems.
- Develop automation framework guidelines and coding standards and drive consistent automated testing practices across delivery teams.
- Write efficient and reusable automation code for new User Stories, and mentor / train other QA automation developers
- Integrate automation with deployment infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
- Review automation code created by other QA Developers to ensure compliance with coding standards.
- Oversee automated test execution, and build dashboards to report automated testing results and metrics to QA leadership and Product Managers.
- Establish a thorough understanding of the business including the functionality of its websites, mobile technology, backend processes, and databases.
- Define, execute, and analyze the results of automated tests.
- Help facilitate the implementation of test-driven development practices (red/green/refactor).
- Continuously refine and improve automation coding standards, best practices, coding styles, and other automated testing guidelines.
- Participate in software design/code reviews.
- Ensure delivery teams are meeting automated test coverage goals.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience as an Automation Lead implementing automated testing solutions for an Agile based delivery team.
- Expert level knowledge and experience in using Selenium C# and Protractor automation tools.
- Extensive experience creating automated testing frameworks that support Web based applications as well as Mobile applications.
- Extensive experience with the Agile development process, TDD and Continuous Integration.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience with C#, ASP.Net, .NET 2.0+, MS SQL Server, HTML/DHTML, CSS, XML, XLS, etc.
- Experience building automated tests with nUnit
- Experience building and executing automated tests for web services.
- Experience building tests on web enabled mobile devices.
- Solid background in object-oriented design and analysis (OOD/OOA), unit testing, stored procedures, and DB performance
- Experience implementing and using Service Virtualization tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft TFS and Microsoft Test Manager is a strong plus.
- Working experience with Sauce labs and Perfecto Mobile (or equivalent) is a big plus
- Knowledge of financial systems is desired and a big plus.
- Comfortable being an evangelist and SME on Selenium based automation
- Natural thought leader and innovator, and is eager to share ideas and mentor others.
- Passionate about Software Quality and is conscious about delivering value to the business
- Demonstrated ownership of decisions, actions, challenges, and solutions
- Thorough problem-solving skills to implementing cost-effective solutions
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, fosters open communications, listens effectively, and builds strong partnership networks that result in consistent forward momentum
- Skilled at solving challenges in a directed, methodical manner and analyzes the current issue to envision creative solutions
- Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities
- Steps outside of comfort zone to tackle new issues/challenges in an aggressive manner
- Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas and implements unique solutions to fix challenging problems
- Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments
- Has a solid background in his or her technical field and continually augments experience and skills with the latest research results and techniques
- Demonstrates a bold commitment to the total alignment of actions, words, and professional beliefs