Technical Lead - Java
Addison, TX 75001
Our client in Addison TX is seeking a Technical Lead for a direct hire position.
U.S. Citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship. NO CORP-TO-CORP INQUIRIES PLEASE.
Client has a cloud based platform for a suite of applications. They plan on rewriting it and go to an Ionic framework. They are using Angular 4.
The Technical Lead is a member of the Engineering team focusing on our SaaS platform and will require at least 50% hands on coding. This person will be responsible for providing leadership for several areas:
- Technical & Architectural Vision of the application and system
- Solution Discovery and Negotiation with Product Owner/Stakeholders
- Technical Mentoring and Recruiting of the development team
- DevOps / Agile Mindset and Practices
Required Skills / Experience
- Experience in leading development teams that was diligently applying DevOps and Agile principles, practices, and theory.
- Experience collaborating with Product Owners / Stakeholders on experiments in the pursuit of delivering the most value possible
- 8+ years experience designing, building, and maintaining modern web applications
- Experience architecting web applications across AWS ecosystem
- Strong understanding of Postgres/MySQL
- Mentoring a team and bringing them up to speed on new languages and skills. We all learn from each other, but with the breadth of technical experience you'll bring to the table, you'll be an invaluable teacher to your less-experienced peers.
- Thinking big and acting fast. You'll need a startup mentality with enterprise awareness. That means you can manage competing priorities, that you're ready to pivot or adjust plans quickly, and that you understand the role you and your team play in major tech strategies.
- Influencing priorities, for both the team and the business. You understand both the business problem and the technical solution, and you're able to advocate for excellence and effect change when necessary.
- Finesse. As leaders, we navigate within organizations to influence big decision makers and win trust. In this job, you'll be using your people skills as much as your coding skills.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Experience with Java Spring Boot
- Strong understanding of Linux systems
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Experience with Groovy, Jasper, and Puppet
- Experience with Angular/React/Vue/Ionic or similar front end frameworks
- Experience configuring and managing CI tools (CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with provisioning software such as Ansible or Cloudformation
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence etc)
Contact: Deborah Laster | 214-705-1827